Les Pieds Dans le Ruisseau

tu t'en sors très bien (you do it very well), c'est pas un texte facile (no easy lyrics), la voix est belle et bien posée (beautiful voice) et l'interprétation humble et délicate (same words in english, no ?), bravo !

I'm tempted to fire up me ackordeen and jam.....pardonez moi, marmaladez avec ...along to this ........sling us the chords Mon Ami......great fun and stuff.....

Cheers

Jarvo

PS Ackiordeens and Yooks sound good together ....probably when I'm not playing them tho'

http://youtu.be/amK-6Nw2x6w

Merci Beaucoup La Perdrix! J'aime vraiment bien Jacques Brel (et ses chansons) (see what I did there) ;)

Fire it up CeeJay = Chords couldn't be simpler (in my version) just D/G7 for the refrain and Gm/D in the verses. Paroles tres facile à trouver

:)

Basically I listened to this version which is in E flat and shifted it to D for uke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOv3vqmXww

Last edited:
Merci Beaucoup La Perdrix! J'aime vraiment bien Jacques Brel (et ses chansons) (see what I did there) ;)

Fire it up CeeJay = Chords couldn't be simpler (in my version) just D/G7 for the refrain and Gm/D in the verses. Paroles tres facile à trouver

:)

Basically I listened to this version which is in E flat and shifted it to D for uke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOv3vqmXww

Okay ..will do ..permission to download your vid and we'll see what we can collaborate .. ?

tu t'en sors très bien (you do it very well), c'est pas un texte facile (no easy lyrics), la voix est belle et bien posée (beautiful voice) et l'interprétation humble et délicate (same words in english, no ?), bravo !

Thanks again LP - You know I understood this very well except the very first phase. Didn't know sortir could be used like that - That verb seems to get used in many different ways. I knew 'se sortir de' meant to get though something. So, I guess by adding 'bien' or 'très bien' that makes sense. Every day's a school day! ;)

yes, "se sortir de" means that you was in a bad situation (as we say in France : "dans la merde" - in s**) and you manage to get out of it !
french language is full of images, specially "l'argot".

(sorry for my approximative english !)

Very good cover indeed! As La Perdrix said, the lyrics are not easy but you got the intonation right. Keep it up, would love to hear "Le Moribond" as well :)

Merci Beaucoup!

Le Moribund - Now there's a thought! Famously performed in English as 'Seasons in the sun' which although great in it's own way doesn't have anything like the pathos of the original. Yes, yes, /ponder....

Genuine question - how English does it sound when I sing in French? Not fishing here, really interested to know what it sounds like to a real French speaker.

well, I wouldn't say that... there is also a frequency reason... the sound of english language comes from the throat, the sound of french language comes from the front of the mouth... so you sing french the english way of singing (and speaking)... but that is charming and beautiful...

That makes a lot of sense - when I'm listening to a native speaker and trying to imitate them it DOES feel like you need to bring the sound forwards which feel a little odd to a Brit - like you are pushing the lips out in an exaggerated way. Hmm, Interesting thanks! :)

Agreed, don't worry about your accent, it only adds up to the charm :) Some sounds must be so weird to you, like the "é" sound, it doesn't exist in English!

Top Bottom