FS: Collings UC1, Ko'olau T-1 Hawaiian Ash, aNueNue all solid Mango Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellofstrings

Reaction score
Photos (UPDATED):

http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/smellofstrings/library/UKE FOR SALE?sort=9&page=1

1. Collings UC1 (#741) w/ original hardcase

Spec: http://www.collingsguitars.com/Instruments/?ID=58

This is my first serious uke! Built in 2012. Bought from Gryphon with great setup. One-piece Mahogany top and back. The Mahogany is medium-light figured, which is unusual for the "1" series. The satin finish on the back of the neck had been rubbed off a bit due to regular playing in 2012 (it has been kept in its case unplayed since 2013). Except some very light fingernail scratches (barely noticeable) on the top right of the soundboard (difficult to tell even from the HD close-ups), the body of the uke is extremely clean, no dints at all. Currently strung with fluorocarbon strings. For sound sample please visit my YouTube channel.

Price: US$900 shipped

(SOLD) 2. Ko'olau T-1 Hawaiian Ash w/ L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup & original hardcase

3. aNueNue Custom Series Mango Tenor w/ L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup & hardcase

Spec: http://www.anuenue-uke.com/html_vers...ame_ukulele_16

All solid Mango body. Mahogany neck. Rosewood bridge, fretboard, and body bindings. Abalone rosette. L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup and heel strap button installed. Professionally set up and plays wonderfully. Bought directly from Taiwan aNueNue in April 2014. You can call it brand new because I hardly had time to play it. The Mango bookmatches have some gold curls and they shine and ripple beautifully under lighting. Near mint condition, no dints or scratches. It doesn't have an original hardcase but I will include one which fits nicely. Currently strung with LaBella strings which give it a warm tone yet keeping the clarification. Please noted the aNueNue's website hasn't updated the Custom Mango Series. The above link only shows the Standard Mango Series. Main differences between Custom and Standard are the upgraded wood, rosewood body binding, and the abalone rosette.

Price: US$750 shipped

Last edited:
PM sent on the Ko'olau.

Outstanding choice. The best of the Ks.

Your video performance of Human Nature knocks my socks off, William.

Wow--some great deals there! I'd tell you good luck on the sales but you won't need any! :drool:

PM sent for T-1

PM'd you on the T-1 with a higher price than your listed price.
I've been hunting for a T-1 for some time now!

PM'd you on the T-1 with a higher price than your listed price.
I've been hunting for a T-1 for some time now!

I'm not sure that's really how this marketplace is intended to work. I always thought it was a 'first dibs' kind of thing.

-Steve

I'm not sure that's really how this marketplace is intended to work. I always thought it was a 'first dibs' kind of thing.

-Steve

Ditto. Unless the first guy offered a price lowered than the asking price then he should get the first dibs here.

I felt no problem with offering a higher price,
but if it's against the spirit of the forums (but not against the rules as written, which I just reviewed)
then in the future I will refrain from offering a higher price.

This is a great forum and I don't want to screw up its karma.

-- Charles

Yeah, I don't know the spirit of the rules but I think we should make all offers public so we can scorn the low ballers!! I've received some ridiculous offers in the past and I've probably low balled as well! hahaha

OK, it's time that I chime in here.

I was the first person to respond to William's listing for the Ko'olau. I sent him a PM complimenting him on his incredible playing and stated that I wanted to buy his uke and was ready to pay with Paypal. I was paying his asking price, never offered him less, and did not give him a "lowball" offer. Later that day he responded saying that his offer of shipping included was standard shipping from Hong Kong and that it would likely take a month to receive the uke. He asked if I would be agreeable to paying an additional $25 to upgrade the shipping where I would receive the uke in a week or two. I suggested that I could "gift" him the money through Paypal as a money transfer which would save him his international transaction fee of $43 which would cover the extra $25 and then some. I knew that this would remove any protection from Paypal for me, but I trusted William as he has been a member here for a little while.

I heard back from him last evening stating that he had received a higher offer for his uke and that he was torn. I responded to him courteously stating that I believed why a price needs to be posted in the listing is that this is not an auction site, the UU Marketplace is not ebay.

Well this morning I have learned that the uke has been sold to Charles. I realize that you can sell your uke to whoever you choose, but I feel that the spirit of the Marketplace has been compromised somewhat. I have bought and sold quite a few ukes here, and have an excellent reputation. There have been many times that I have stated in my listings that shipping CONUS is included, and upgraded the shipping at my expense to USPS Express Mail so the buyer could received the uke overnight.

And to chasapple. You obviously read the Marketplace rules before you made your leapfrog offer. But common sense should tell you that is very poor form. I hope that you enjoy your new Ko'olau. I have made many, many friends here in the five years that I have been a member. I don't know if you will be making many with your tactics. Remember, do unto others.....

dkcrown

I feel for you, that was terrible. I have had a similar thing happen to me so I know how you feel. William is the one most at fault as he was the seller and hence has complete control over the transaction. If he accepted your offer then turned around and sold it to charles, that is unethical, plain and simple as that. He has other ukes for sale, I wonder if anyone will feel comfortable dealing with him in the future.

Dana, I hope that you feel my sincere apology.
Dave, you're right, my unethical decision must ruin my reputation.
I can't ask for forgiveness. But I hope more understanding could be given.

Dana,

I'm with you on this one. At the very least 'chasapple' could have been kept this in the PM's and discrete. Ultimately, though, it is on the seller. If you want people bidding for your ukes, there is a different website for that approach.

-Steve

So, Dana got the instrument? I mean, William said the instrument "sold" last night at 9pm, so there's no earthly way it could have been shipped out. William has apologized, acknowledging wrong. We all make mistakes. This one's easily remedied. So, in the end, the uke is going to Dana, for the initially agreed upon price, right?

Last edited:
So, Dana got the instrument? I mean, William said the instrument "sold" last night at 9pm, so there's no earthly way it could have been shipped out. William has apologized, acknowledging wrong. We all make mistakes. This one's easily remedied. So, in the end, the uke is going to Dana, for the initially agreed upon price, right?

Yes, if Dana is willing to accept this remedy, I will try to do so. But this involves chasapple's decision too...

I will not defense as I think I deserve criticism.
Every member can criticize my decision and I'm sure that I will feel forever sorry.
But I swear that I didn't intend to make it an auction and I never treat the marketplace like ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom