PDA

View Full Version : FS: Collings UC1, Ko'olau T-1 Hawaiian Ash, aNueNue all solid Mango Tenor

smellofstrings
09-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Photos (UPDATED):

http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/smellofstrings/library/UKE%20FOR%20SALE?sort=9&page=1

1. Collings UC1 (#741) w/ original hardcase

Spec: http://www.collingsguitars.com/Instruments/?ID=58

This is my first serious uke! Built in 2012. Bought from Gryphon with great setup. One-piece Mahogany top and back. The Mahogany is medium-light figured, which is unusual for the "1" series. The satin finish on the back of the neck had been rubbed off a bit due to regular playing in 2012 (it has been kept in its case unplayed since 2013). Except some very light fingernail scratches (barely noticeable) on the top right of the soundboard (difficult to tell even from the HD close-ups), the body of the uke is extremely clean, no dints at all. Currently strung with fluorocarbon strings. For sound sample please visit my YouTube channel.

Price: US$900 shipped

(SOLD) 2. Ko'olau T-1 Hawaiian Ash w/ L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup & original hardcase

3. aNueNue Custom Series Mango Tenor w/ L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup & hardcase

Spec: http://www.anuenue-uke.com/html_vers...ame_ukulele_16

All solid Mango body. Mahogany neck. Rosewood bridge, fretboard, and body bindings. Abalone rosette. L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup and heel strap button installed. Professionally set up and plays wonderfully. Bought directly from Taiwan aNueNue in April 2014. You can call it brand new because I hardly had time to play it. The Mango bookmatches have some gold curls and they shine and ripple beautifully under lighting. Near mint condition, no dints or scratches. It doesn't have an original hardcase but I will include one which fits nicely. Currently strung with LaBella strings which give it a warm tone yet keeping the clarification. Please noted the aNueNue's website hasn't updated the Custom Mango Series. The above link only shows the Standard Mango Series. Main differences between Custom and Standard are the upgraded wood, rosewood body binding, and the abalone rosette.

Price: US$750 shipped

dkcrown
09-11-2014, 12:03 AM
PM sent on the Ko'olau.

coolkayaker1
09-11-2014, 12:18 AM
PM sent on the Ko'olau.

Outstanding choice. The best of the Ks.

Your video performance of Human Nature knocks my socks off, William.

davidrboy
09-11-2014, 06:58 AM
Sonofa*****.
I want that.

PM sent on the Ko'olau.

wayfarer75
09-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Wow--some great deals there! I'd tell you good luck on the sales but you won't need any! :drool:

chasapple
09-11-2014, 09:48 AM
PM'd you on the T-1 with a higher price than your listed price.
I've been hunting for a T-1 for some time now!

Telperion
09-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I've been hunting for a T-1 for some time now!

I'm not sure that's really how this marketplace is intended to work. I always thought it was a 'first dibs' kind of thing.

-Steve

woodburyca
09-11-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure that's really how this marketplace is intended to work. I always thought it was a 'first dibs' kind of thing.

-Steve

Ditto. Unless the first guy offered a price lowered than the asking price then he should get the first dibs here.

davidrboy
09-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Ditto. Unless the first guy offered a price lowered than the asking price then he should get the first dibs here.

^ Gotta agree with this.

chasapple
09-11-2014, 12:00 PM
I felt no problem with offering a higher price,
but if it's against the spirit of the forums (but not against the rules as written, which I just reviewed)
then in the future I will refrain from offering a higher price.

This is a great forum and I don't want to screw up its karma.

-- Charles

strumsilly
09-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I've been hunting for a T-1 for some time now!wow , that must really be a great uke to inspire this.

smellofstrings
09-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Ko'olau T-1 sold

Dan Uke
09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I don't know the spirit of the rules but I think we should make all offers public so we can scorn the low ballers!! I've received some ridiculous offers in the past and I've probably low balled as well! hahaha

dkcrown
09-11-2014, 11:35 PM
OK, it's time that I chime in here.

I was the first person to respond to William's listing for the Ko'olau. I sent him a PM complimenting him on his incredible playing and stated that I wanted to buy his uke and was ready to pay with Paypal. I was paying his asking price, never offered him less, and did not give him a "lowball" offer. Later that day he responded saying that his offer of shipping included was standard shipping from Hong Kong and that it would likely take a month to receive the uke. He asked if I would be agreeable to paying an additional $25 to upgrade the shipping where I would receive the uke in a week or two. I suggested that I could "gift" him the money through Paypal as a money transfer which would save him his international transaction fee of $43 which would cover the extra $25 and then some. I knew that this would remove any protection from Paypal for me, but I trusted William as he has been a member here for a little while.

I heard back from him last evening stating that he had received a higher offer for his uke and that he was torn. I responded to him courteously stating that I believed why a price needs to be posted in the listing is that this is not an auction site, the UU Marketplace is not ebay.

Well this morning I have learned that the uke has been sold to Charles. I realize that you can sell your uke to whoever you choose, but I feel that the spirit of the Marketplace has been compromised somewhat. I have bought and sold quite a few ukes here, and have an excellent reputation. There have been many times that I have stated in my listings that shipping CONUS is included, and upgraded the shipping at my expense to USPS Express Mail so the buyer could received the uke overnight.

And to chasapple. You obviously read the Marketplace rules before you made your leapfrog offer. But common sense should tell you that is very poor form. I hope that you enjoy your new Ko'olau. I have made many, many friends here in the five years that I have been a member. I don't know if you will be making many with your tactics. Remember, do unto others.....

DownUpDave
09-12-2014, 12:25 AM
dkcrown

I feel for you, that was terrible. I have had a similar thing happen to me so I know how you feel. William is the one most at fault as he was the seller and hence has complete control over the transaction. If he accepted your offer then turned around and sold it to charles, that is unethical, plain and simple as that. He has other ukes for sale, I wonder if anyone will feel comfortable dealing with him in the future.

smellofstrings
09-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Dana, I hope that you feel my sincere apology.
Dave, you're right, my unethical decision must ruin my reputation.
I can't ask for forgiveness. But I hope more understanding could be given.

Telperion
09-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Dana,

I'm with you on this one. At the very least 'chasapple' could have been kept this in the PM's and discrete. Ultimately, though, it is on the seller. If you want people bidding for your ukes, there is a different website for that approach.

-Steve

coolkayaker1
09-12-2014, 01:18 AM
So, Dana got the instrument? I mean, William said the instrument "sold" last night at 9pm, so there's no earthly way it could have been shipped out. William has apologized, acknowledging wrong. We all make mistakes. This one's easily remedied. So, in the end, the uke is going to Dana, for the initially agreed upon price, right?

smellofstrings
09-12-2014, 01:45 AM
So, Dana got the instrument? I mean, William said the instrument "sold" last night at 9pm, so there's no earthly way it could have been shipped out. William has apologized, acknowledging wrong. We all make mistakes. This one's easily remedied. So, in the end, the uke is going to Dana, for the initially agreed upon price, right?

Yes, if Dana is willing to accept this remedy, I will try to do so. But this involves chasapple's decision too...

smellofstrings
09-12-2014, 02:06 AM
I will not defense as I think I deserve criticism.
Every member can criticize my decision and I'm sure that I will feel forever sorry.
But I swear that I didn't intend to make it an auction and I never treat the marketplace like ebay.

bigbird1
09-12-2014, 02:53 AM
I do not sell very often on this site, but Mr. Sung's and the overbidder's behavior appear to be unethical and lack integrity (no matter what was said about "spirit" of the purchase). Unless this site is intended as an auction site and a seller can change his mind (after accepting an offer) the moment a better offer comes in, the higher offer was made in bad faith (especially realizing that that buyer had been able to see that a PM had occurred and a possible sale), as was Mr. Sung's change of mind. If that person wanted to act more appropriately, they could have simply inquired if the ukulele had already sold, and if not, indicate that they would like to buy it. Personally, I would not act like Mr. Sung nor the "higher" bidder. Dana will have to decide if she wants the ukulele so badly even after the actions of two rather unscrupulous people who feel that money is more important that honesty, integrity and good faith.

For me, no matter how good the price is on this or any other instrument, this transaction is full of bad Karma...and I wouldn't want it.
Good luck with whatever you decide, and I hope those involved don't act similarly and in the near future. I'll be sure to take note of both the buyer and overbidding seller for future reference.

coolkayaker1
09-12-2014, 03:01 AM
Yes, if Dana is willing to accept this remedy, I will try to do so. But this involves chasapple's decision too...

This is the most bizarre statement I have ever read.

How, in the name of the Lord, would it involve chasapple's decision?

Telperion
09-12-2014, 04:11 AM
For me, no matter how good the price is on this or any other instrument, this transaction is full of bad Karma...and I wouldn't want it.

I don't typically subscribe to this type of thinking, but it does feel this way. Hopefully, it's a lesson learned for all involved. I don't believe William had any ill intent in his dealing, and maybe didn't realize the implications when he made his decision. If he decides to sell to Dana, that's great, but I agree with CK in that I don't understand how this involves chasapple's input. All that has to be done is to issue a PayPal refund to chasapple (assuming they have already paid), and move on. That can be done without any involvement from chasapple.

-Steve

Dan Uke
09-12-2014, 04:33 AM
OK, it's time that I chime in here.

I was the first person to respond to William's listing for the Ko'olau. I sent him a PM complimenting him on his incredible playing and stated that I wanted to buy his uke and was ready to pay with Paypal. I was paying his asking price, never offered him less, and did not give him a "lowball" offer. Later that day he responded saying that his offer of shipping included was standard shipping from Hong Kong and that it would likely take a month to receive the uke. He asked if I would be agreeable to paying an additional $25 to upgrade the shipping where I would receive the uke in a week or two. I suggested that I could "gift" him the money through Paypal as a money transfer which would save him his international transaction fee of $43 which would cover the extra $25 and then some. I knew that this would remove any protection from Paypal for me, but I trusted William as he has been a member here for a little while.

I heard back from him last evening stating that he had received a higher offer for his uke and that he was torn. I responded to him courteously stating that I believed why a price needs to be posted in the listing is that this is not an auction site, the UU Marketplace is not ebay.

Well this morning I have learned that the uke has been sold to Charles. I realize that you can sell your uke to whoever you choose, but I feel that the spirit of the Marketplace has been compromised somewhat. I have bought and sold quite a few ukes here, and have an excellent reputation. There have been many times that I have stated in my listings that shipping CONUS is included, and upgraded the shipping at my expense to USPS Express Mail so the buyer could received the uke overnight.

And to chasapple. You obviously read the Marketplace rules before you made your leapfrog offer. But common sense should tell you that is very poor form. I hope that you enjoy your new Ko'olau. I have made many, many friends here in the five years that I have been a member. I don't know if you will be making many with your tactics. Remember, do unto others.....

Yeah, I was hoping you got it. Seeing you around all these years and based on our many conversations, I knew you weren't lowballing. I made my comment seeing others reply in this thread.

Since I saw the higher amount, I knew it would be frowned on and I thought on the flip side where I saw respectable members who have low balled me and I thought they should be frowned upon as well. We can all hide behind PMs but I like when things are out in the open...With this said, I believe we should all stay true to our word.

We can all say what we want about what is right and wrong but unfortunately if the price is right, UAS will take over...and still there will be someone lowballing.

dkcrown
09-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Thanks to everyone for your comments. I have PM'd William so we can deal with this between the two of us, out of the public eye. Honestly, I would have preferred to do it that way to begin with, but the other side of the deal was finalized while I was sleeping. It wasn't until this morning that I realized that the transaction had occurred without me.

Oh and bigbird, FYI, I am a he, not a she.:)