Question on upgrading machine head / tuning pegs..

DaveM

Reaction score
Hi, I have bought some of these guitar tuning pegs to replace my crappy quality geared pegs on the ukulele at the minute.. Issue one is I then found out they were 6-in-a-line type pegs, which isn't a massive problem I suppose as they should still do the job despite looking a bit odd..

2r5ungh.jpg

The main problem being I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how to use them.. :eek:

If I screw the top of the peg down almost fully, thread the string tightly through it and then screw the top down.. (Completely random guess on how to use them) when I try and tune it the screw just unscrews itself with the tensioning of the string.
At the minute I am just hand-tightening the screw but I don't want to over-tighten incase it just cuts the string!

I appreciate this is probably a ridiculous question.. but all I am after is a playable uke - despite me lack of the correct equipment and parts! Any advice would be appreciated :)

It will make a difference being one sided, unless you have a one sided headstock.

Beyond that, the tuning machines you have are designed for steel strings, as most are, but those in particular, are for steel strings. Used on nylon strings, the nylons will cut. But, you already know that.

-Aaron

Top Bottom