NUD -- MAybe

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Well, I got the new Gold Tone Banjolele I was planning on, but I got a concert (my size) instead of the tenor I thought I would get. I can take it back if it doesn't suit me.

I wanted (I think) one tuned to Hi-DGBE, so it would sound more like a banjo, but I don't know what I'll do yet. I already have one tuned to Hi-GCEA. :eek:ld:

How does it play? Any pics? I hope you really enjoy it.

Ukejenny, I dunno . . . I was planning on a tenor in DGBE, but I'm not sure if that's what I really want. I'm gettin' used the new one. I had a good session today, and I have some plans for it. Well, que sera, sera. Later. :eek:ld:

Well, I've decided to keep it. I have it tuned to GCEG now, and it'll be my clawhammer Uke. GBDG is another tuning I want to try. It sounds a little bright. I think the head may be a bit tight. I didn't buy a strap for it, so I'll have to get one. Because I have too many GCEA tuned Ukes, I tuned my Luna concert to Hi-ADF#B. Later. :eek:ld:

If you don't want bright, then why'd ya buy a banjo uke? :p

For my banjo uke strap, I just took a length of paracord, threaded under the hardware most of the way around the pot, tied a knot in it, and cut to length. Might take a little experimentation on the length. It doesn't look that bad, and for $2, it can't be beat.

Ya know, Jim, you're right about the pitch, but I've always preferred low tones. I guess I'll just have to change (Ha! That'll be the day!). I adjusted the bridge on it, and it sounds better. But I did some reading, and no one seems to think that banjoleles sound much like banjos anyway.

The Uke Crazy strap doesn't cost much more than that, but I saw a snazzy one in a shop I go to once in a while. The shop's a bit of a drive away, but there's a cloth store (my wife's a quilter) nearby, so I'll take her with me. Thanks for the temporary strap info though. Later. (old).

We have two banjoleles in our group, one is about a hundred years old, the other a new Fluke Firefly. Both really sound like banjos to me, even tuned to standard GCEA.

Top Bottom