FS Collings UT2 K Tenor (Like New) with case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD Collings UT2 K Tenor (Like New) with case

For sale: like new, Collings UT2 K tenor with custom case. Serial number (#U1222) Beautifully figured curly Koa body with a Mahogany neck, with a great gloss finish. Ivoroid body binding, rosette and inlays. Rosewood fingerboard with a 12” radius. “Haircut” headstock. Geared Peghed tuners. 17” scale length. 1-3/8” bone nut width.

Strung with Savarez strings. Originally purchased October 2013 from Hill Country Guitars. I am the original owner, uke has only a few hours of careful playing on it. It still smells new. The tenor is literally in "like new condition". No scratches, dings, marks, or imperfections. Comes with the blank warranty card. Recently got a new great custom and have to make some room, so this gem is up for sale. Paypal payment only.

This tenor has a wonderful and resonant tone.
Recent sound sample in C tuning:
https://app.box.com/s/ou5mhmx7siaet8na0p7c

SOLD Paypal preferred.

P1060758_zpsed9fb9b7.jpg

P1060755_zpsd46998c1.jpg

P1060759_zpsc595dd60.jpg

P1060748_zps625a0afe.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had the money to buy this from you.

Beautiful sound and pictures. The figuring of that wood is like what dreams are made of, and the rich overtones in the sound are of such deep and sweet tone - I am in pain right now - ha ha! :drool:

Whomever is lucky enough to be the next owner of this instrument will surely have something very special, a real treasure!

Hodge, if you would be so kind as to share:

What is the song you are playing at 2:20 in your sound sample?

It sounds like it starts with an Em7, Am/C chords, and then using this kind of open chord shape, goes up then neck to the 4th, 5th and 7th frets - I've heard this before but cant place the song - please share if you know what it's called...it reminds of Spanish Flamenco sounding chords, but not quite Malaguena if you know what I mean...

-Booli :)

Wow, this is one of the best Collings I've ever seen

Wish I had the money to buy this from you.

Beautiful sound and pictures. The figuring of that wood is like what dreams are made of, and the rich overtones in the sound are of such deep and sweet tone - I am in pain right now - ha ha! :drool:

Whomever is lucky enough to be the next owner of this instrument will surely have something very special, a real treasure!

Hodge, if you would be so kind as to share:

What is the song you are playing at 2:20 in your sound sample?

It sounds like it starts with an Em7, Am/C chords, and then using this kind of open chord shape, goes up then neck to the 4th, 5th and 7th frets - I've heard this before but cant place the song - please share if you know what it's called...it reminds of Spanish Flamenco sounding chords, but not quite Malaguena if you know what I mean...

-Booli :)

Thanks Daniel and Booli.

Booli, the short piece I was playing was from Rob MacKillop's 20 Easy Fingerstyle Studies for Ukulele. The full arrangement is called Tears for Amalia. I'm sure my sample didn't do his work justice.

Wow! What a beautiful instrument. Good luck.

PM Sent your way. What a stunner!

I hope it goes to a new good new home. I didn't just buy my own UT2K recently, I would have plunged for this.

Congrats on the sale the new caretaker should be extremely happy.

Wow! What a beautiful instrument. Good luck.

Dude.......what happened I thought you bought this.............Inside joke ;)

Congrats to both Doc J and Uncle Leroy. Absolutely fabulous instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom