Season 135 Pet Sounds!

decaturcomp

Reaction score
Can you guess?

Yep, we want to sing Beach Boys songs OR songs about our Pets or other cool animals. How about a max of 3 songs total on either of the two subjects so I can take care the season and still keep my day job? Thanks for that. Additional entries can go to the Island to keep singing.

As always, rules aren't really as important as the music to me so if you tiptoe over the line an post four songs here I'm not going to even blink. If you want to do something a little different, just go ahead and Rave On, as Buddy said.

Songs by other folks associated with the Beach Boys are fine. Van Dyke Parks anyone?

Playlist for this Season (thanks Uke4ia!)

Last edited:
Ooooh, there is a song I have been working on over the years that fits perfectly. Not sure I can pull it off, but I'm gonna try.

Hmmm.... I've got to confer with Eisley on this one. In the meantime, this is an old one. I always thought that of all the songs I tried on tiple, this was the one that sounded the best.

Here's another old one from the other option: A song about a pet—this one, from the perspective of a pet.

I hope I find time to record one this week! I'm pretty sure I can find something that would be fun for me . . .

Bob Moran

Here's the mondegreen version of a Beach Boys song I just did for season 134. Thanks, Alan.

Ah, you just don't know how perfect this week is for us. Take a guess at how many pets we have and wait until you see the video I just made today of one of 'em. I didn't even know this was coming and it's sooooooooo purrrrfect!!!!!! Yeah baby! as per BEVOMU

Oh, I just had a great idea! Whomever guesses correctly will get a prize! I'll announce at the end of the week. :)

Last edited:
From last year when Audrey was home for the summer. Now she's back at school and I wish I could do another song with her :-(

As we are still in the "things I have done that fit the theme" phase, here is my song about a poor young cat about to be taken to the vet's for "the Op".

I used to introduce this to audiences as "the song they left out of The Aristocats". Imagine Thomas O'Malley and the gang accompanying me on this one.

I've got a busy week ahead, but Ill try and come up with a new song for the theme later this week.

Last edited:
This is an old russian folk song. It tells of a sailor who took part in the mutiny that occurred in 1905
when the crew of the Russian battleship Potemkin rebelled against their officers of the Tsarist regime.
He was deported and had to work on a sugar plantation in Cuba, from where he escaped to Nassau, and
this song tells of his longing to return from the Imperilaist west to the good and abundant life in Russia.

Austin's show name was Secret Agent Man, does that song count?

Here's my late night recording of In My Room. This is in ode to my "Man Cave" where I make most of my videos. I might lose this room to one of my kids soon…darn it! Enjoy!

Well - we had the two youngest grand sons all afternoon and they've just left so there went my seasons time - may get one done later tonight otherwise it is a tomorrow evening activity to get my first one done.

Oh and Eric - In My Room - WOW! Just sublime!

Here's the entire tiger family with a slightly abridged version of Peter Seeger's I had a Rooster.

Tigers and tiggers, I LOVE your rooster song! The family that sings together will travel far!

Last edited:
Here's another old one from the other option: A song about a pet—this one, from the perspective of a pet.

I hope I find time to record one this week! I'm pretty sure I can find something that would be fun for me . . .

Very nice. Never thought of our cats perspective of me. Wonder if I measure up in their eyes other than with treats.
Thanks for sharing.

27 not including the fish that is, I believe the guppy is pregnant!
:eek:

Top Bottom