FS: Mya Moe Baritone RW/Wal with Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Thanks for looking. Here is a Mya Moe Baritone ukulele, #851, upgraded figured Redwood top, Clara Walnut body, with upgrades of Mi-Si powered pickup, matching headplate, plus slotted headstock with Schertler tuners, and cutaway design for access and playablity on the uppermost frets (especially on a baritone, plays wonderfully up the scale). It has no fretboard markers, so looks clean and cool; but never fear, it has marker on the fretboard side binding. It has the radiused fretboard which people love, particularly on a baritone. Comes with original Mya Moe case, and the power supply to charge the MiSi. This Tru-oil finished instrument pretty much has every bell and whistle upgrade available through Mya Moe. A great ukulele, I just mostly play sopranos, and have a Pono ordered; this one will adore a new home. Cheers.

Oh, it has Southcoast all-nylon strings, with no wound strings, and is re-entrant dGBE! I left them long so that, should someone wish to try other strings, they can be removed and saved. It's pretty sounding, deep and clean, as one would expect from a Mya Moe (sorry, no sound sample).

The Build-A-Uke pricing on Mya Moes website, which you can even check yourself, is Classic Baritone $1600, cutaway $250, Curly redwood $50 (but Char doesn't have more of this particular stock, which is the even more expensive custom stuff; as she does not I only added the least expensive value here), Custom signature head plate $100, Slotted headstock with Schertler tuners $250, MiSi pickup $200, Shipping $40, for a grand total of $2490.

$1890, payment via Paypal (fee to buyer), the sale will include FREE USPS Parcel Insured shipping with Tracking to CONUS addresses (sorry, no outside USA shipping). No trades at this time, please.

Thanks for looking.
MMSept 012.jpgMMSept 013.jpgMMSept 015.jpg851Full.jpg

Last edited:
wow, kind of a baritone holy grail. so much for thinking redwood is plain. a real stunner. too bad my wallet is not as full as my stable.

I gasped when I saw this - it's gorgeous, but I can't afford it so it's probably a good job I'm in the UK. I hope whoever buys it might humour those of us who have fallen under its spell by posting a video of them playing it in it's new home. Good luck with the sale (though why anyone would want to sell it is beyond me...) :drool:

Did the red wood come from Char's body shop? At one time I had a curly redwood resonator on order but foolishly cancelled it.

Did the red wood come from Char's body shop? At one time I had a curly redwood resonator on order but foolishly cancelled it.
Yes, it did--and no, I didn't steal your wood, John. LOL ;)

I gasped when I saw this - it's gorgeous, but I can't afford it so it's probably a good job I'm in the UK. I hope whoever buys it might humour those of us who have fallen under its spell by posting a video of them playing it in it's new home. Good luck with the sale (though why anyone would want to sell it is beyond me...) :drool:
Thanks, wayward, for the gasp. Gasps are good, belches not so much (unless one lives in a country where postprandial belches are complimentary to the chef). :p

Wow, that top is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. Like looking into a swimming pool on a sunny day.

It is a beautiful looking Baritone ... any chance for a sound sample ... just so curious as to its sound. I really wish I had more cash and time as I would PM you RIGHT NOW!

That sure is a looker. ..

Yes it is!

attachment.php

Fly.

Thanks to everyone for looking. I have added the price breakdown off the MM website to the listing; see original post. It's priced here at a full $600 off new price! Save six hundred bucks, and no wait.

I can't discount it any further, but will leave this ad up over the weekend before moving it to the Bay (if thread closed, that's where it'll be). I'd love for a fellow UUer to own it as it's quite special. Thanks.

Last edited:
Good luck on the sale of this most uniquely beautiful instrument. It would be a great addition to any collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom