NUD: Mele Concert Mahogany 6 string

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just received my new Mele Concert Mahogany 6 string and it's gorgeous. I have been looking for a 6 string concert uke for years and this one just popped up on ebay last Thursday. It is the deluxe model with retro looking geared tuners and pearloid knobs. It has the retro looking rope purfing on top and sound hole rosette, with ebony binding top and back sandwiched between a 3 layered koa/mahogany trim. It has the classic Mele ebony nut, and a bone saddle. I got it for a decent price with an offer. It shows light use with no damage save for a few strum marks I'd like to clean up. It also came with a hard shell case and free shipping. I think it still has the Hilo 6 string set that came on it which I will likely replace with Southcoasts. Another UU'er saw this uke, or a listing for one many years ago, but not since. The only other 6 string concert I've seen was a custom model that a lady brought to your local uke club meetup. I may have to put a pickup in it. I'll have to update this when I get some strings I'm happy with on it.

Gorgeous!

Is that second A string not wound then?

I had a quick play of a Lanikai Spruce six string in a shop a while back, absolutely fell in love with the sound, so a six string is definitely on my wish list.

Well done, Phil. Looks like a beauty.

Be interesting to see how those SCs work out on a concert.

Very nice! That's the nicest looking 6er I've ever seen! Congrats.

Congrats Phil! That's a pretty uke. Cool looking fretboard too!

So patience does pay off, wish I had me some of that. :p.:)Looks great and I really like the retro appearence with the rope purfing andn he open geared tuner, well done, very nice find. Dirk will be able to set you with a nice set of strings, the guy is a wealth of knowledge.

I really really like the looks of that. Great find, congratulations!!

Nice find Phil.....its a beauty, congratulations!!!

Top Bottom