FS: Southern Cross Banjo Ukulele. Gibson UB2 Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
My latest build.
Rim is a block construction using Tasmanian Blackwood and American Ash 48 blocks in three layers. Neck is Tasmanian Blackwood with an Ash skunk stripe, heel cap is Rosewood. Fretboard is Rosewood with Ash position markers. Head is calfskin for the genuine Banjo Uke sound. Quality hardware, geared planetary style tuners. Flat back resonator in TB and Ash segments. Concert scale.
Will post a video when strings settle in.

Price is SOLD!!!

Video/sound sample added.

http://youtu.be/ebvvBV5ce6w

Attachments

• BU 2.jpg
    BU 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 94
  • BU 1.jpg
    BU 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 85
  • BU 3.jpg
    BU 3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 77
  • BU 4.jpg
    BU 4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 68
  • BU 5.jpg
    BU 5.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
:drool: now that is a stunner!

So what is it worth?

Age old question I guess. Here is the conundrum, I make these as a hobby because it gives me enormous pleasure, however to continue making them I have to sell them.
So what is this banjo uke worth?
You can PM me or post your ideas here. If it is an offer to purchase then PM only.
Thanks.

Good question, Dennis. Seems to be worth what you asking. And you would seem to be in a good position between the factory products like Gold Tone at $350-400 and things like Mya Moe Beansprout for at least a thousand more. I can only guess that the market for BUs is very small compared to "normal" ukes. I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding homes for these as you are the kind of artist I would like to see supported.

I agree with Jim. I think your asking price is right on the money. Banjo Ukes aren't as popular but I wouldn't budge much on the price. I only wish I had the cash to purchase it.

Good question, Dennis. Seems to be worth what you asking. And you would seem to be in a good position between the factory products like Gold Tone at $350-400 and things like Mya Moe Beansprout for at least a thousand more. I can only guess that the market for BUs is very small compared to "normal" ukes. I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding homes for these as you are the kind of artist I would like to see supported.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your input and comments.

I agree with Jim. I think your asking price is right on the money. Banjo Ukes aren't as popular but I wouldn't budge much on the price. I only wish I had the cash to purchase it.

Thanks Provines, it is great to get feedback.

A timely reminder about scams.

Hi all,
This morning I "sold" the banjo uke to a person overseas. Just prior to him paying he advised that he was a marine engineer and was at sea. He "sent" me an extra $350.00 US for a payment to Western Union and would I mind terribly paying this in for him from my local post office and his shipping agent would arrange for the shipping of the item. I then received another email from him advising that the money had been paid into paypal and that I would find notification of such, but, it may be in my spam box. Surprise surprise, it was. I must say it was quite a regular looking paypal email other than, advising it was withholding the funds until I had transfered $350.00 to Western union. That and all amounts were in NZ$ instead of US$. To be sure I forwarded it to paypal spoofs and sure enough twas a scam.
So this is really just a heads up to sellers to be aware as I am sure you all are, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded occasionally.

PS Still for sale :)

Hi, I need this B/U sold. So, make me a reasonable offer. !!!
Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom