My diary from the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival 2014

bazmaz

Reaction score
Wow! This is a great round-up for those of us who didn't attend. It looks like a totally top-drawer event.
Were there uke vendors too? And what was the size of the crowd (or, how many tickets did they make available)?

Wow! This is a great round-up for those of us who didn't attend. It looks like a totally top-drawer event.
Were there uke vendors too? And what was the size of the crowd (or, how many tickets did they make available)?
Oh yes, there were plenty of stalls putting temptation in your way - Southern Ukulele, Omega Music, Ohana, Noah, Moselele, Fusion bags, Straps for Chords, and several others.
The main concert hall probably held ~1000, and it was pretty full for the UOGB show. Not sure how the numbers broke down between day/concert/weekend ticket holders, but it was always busy.

All I know on numbers is that it was officially the biggest ticket sales of a UK festival ever - and that makes it one of the biggest in the world.

Thanks! A good read.

Petey

Petey - thanks

Carl - well I was led to believe that with the possible exception of Cairns, that Cheltenham was possibly the next biggest worldwide. GNUF sold more tickets, so must be close. Whilst there are a ton of US festivals, I don't think each one has such numbers as the UK ones.

Someone feel free to correct me though!

OK, the number in attendance I just heard was 1400!

Top Bottom