I'm thankful for...

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
Reaction score
A tad early for Thanksgiving, but...

We need some Aloha around here. Maybe we could say what we are thankful for around UU. A person, a certain thread, a new technique or fingering, video....the list is endless. I will probably post every once in a while as my list is long.

Today -- thank you RicDoug for all the help you give us about electronics stuff. And, personally, you have always been one of my biggest supporters. I have appreciated all you do. And, MMStan? You are the most welcoming, kindest person I see around here. You are the bestest!

I'm thankful for knowing that no matter how far I may wander, there is always a place kept warm for me in the UU community. I am also thankful for Alan Thornton and TCK in particular, as well as FiL and Wendy for their encouragement and enjoyment of my sporadic videos.

Good topic Sukie! I'm thankful for the entire ukulele community, especially those of you here. My involvement on the UU forum has enriched my life in so many ways and through it I've made life-long friends. I'd be here all day if I had to list them all. :)
Today I am especially thankful for my new satellite Internet installation which means I should never be without a cyber connection again. I am also thankful that the lava is seemingly moving away from us!

Good topic Sukie! I'm thankful for the entire ukulele community, especially those of you here. My involvement on the UU forum has enriched my life in so many ways and through it I've made life-long friends. I'd be here all day if I had to list them all. :)
mee too. I feel as though we are a family though lots of us have never met [in person]
here's my growing Favilla family.
band.jpg

I'm thankful for the awkwardness that comes with trying to explain your "good friend" is someone online that you've never met but share a passion with and consider them to be just as much a friend as those IRL :)

Today I am especially thankful for my new satellite Internet installation which means I should never be without a cyber connection again. I am also thankful that the lava is seemingly moving away from us!

I am thankful...that my friend Chuck and Bonnie are safe....:)

I'm thankful for all of the wonderful people I have "met" in this community, and for the few I have actually met in real life. I have learned so much from all of you, and am so grateful that I can apply so much of it to my playing. I'm still very much a beginner because my time is quite fragmented (I don't practice/play as much as I should or would like to), but with your encouragement I've stuck with the uke longer than with any other instrument in my past.

Thank you all, and aloha to everyone!

I'm thankful for all the encouragement, support, and knowledge I get here. I'm certain I wouldn't have stuck with the uke as long without it, and now I have a friend for life.

I'm thankful for the ukulele in general. It has truly changed my life!

I'm also thankful for all of the wonderful friends that I have met through this site, even though I have only actually met one in person! But that number I hope will be doubling in the near future. Looking forward to meeting you Staci!

Thankful for the support & encouragement, for knowledge sharing, for the respectful sharing of opinions, and for the endless heaps of uke p***. Well, except Chuck's latest inlay inspiration. ;-)

[Seriously, glad the lava is moving away from you guys, Chuck, and hopefully only toward open fields).

This is a great thread!

I'm thankful for the people who organize the Seasons of the Uke, which is such a great weekly event, and everyone who participates in it. I'm thankful to people who take the time to help beginners with newbie questions, and the people who spend their own time making tabs and chord sheets and provide them to the community for free. People like these make the ukulele a joy to learn.

Thanks for this Sukie,

I am thankful for those who give of themselves, expecting nothing in return. Whether knowledge, in order to help someone else, or patience, in answering questions. That's what makes this place so important for me.

Nick

Yeah, I'm thankful that UU was here when I decided to come back to the Ukulele. It sure is a lot more fun this time around!

So much to be thankful for these days.

I would have to go with I am thankful for my wifes support in tough times, waiting 8 months for the plant to shut down and shes been the best. After 17 years my work comes to an end here in 2.5 weeks and I am also thankful for that. I would have to go with my children next. Thankful for their health and the joy they give me. And of course Im thankful for the Uke for keeping my mind off of things I have no control over and putting a smile on my face everytime I pick it up. Last I would say friends, online and off its nice to have a couple.

I'm thankful the good Lord gave me the ability to work and have the where with all to enjoy my passions, without sacrifice to my loved ones. I'm also greateful for online friends, like Sukie, that are just like my close, local friends. I'm especially thankful for the 'Ukulele Underground, the 'ukulele plaground for enthusiests. Ric

Along with many others here, I am thankful for all the wonderful friends I have met here on UU and for the all the help folks have given me.

I'm thankful that I have found the meaning and feeling of Aloha.

" I had the blues because I had no shoes. Then upon the street, I met a man who had no feet".

I am just thankful to be able to be thankful. I do need to step back, and as another Canadian said "hit the reset button" every now and then.

Thanks to all of you for so much.

Last edited:
Am very thankful to be here today with the marvel of the Internet. A lot of folk have grown up with it, and there are those like me who can remember when there was no such thing as the Internet. The ability to mass-communicate internationally has made the sharing of knowledge and experience globally instantaneous, and has allowed sites like UU bring diverse folk with a common interest together.

It's a greay day to be alive!

Top Bottom