New Tune - September In The Rain - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
The weather service tried to scare us today. :(
BIG STORM they said! Stay home! 8 inches of snow in a 10 hour period! If you have to travel take food, a cell phone and a flashlight!!! :(
I stayed home and recorded today. The "big storm" turned out to be 2" of snow. No big deal. Here's my storm song. Every song about snow is a Christmas song. Nobody wants that now. This one is close enough.

I recorded this with my:
2006 Talsma Tenor Ukulele
1954 Fender Champion Lap Steel
1993 Heritage Johnny Smith Archtop Guitar
Band In Box Bass

September In The Rain

I learned this one at the Augusta Heritage Festival where I will be back again (my third year!) at Swing Week July 26-31, 2009 teaching swing ukulele and beginning C6 steel guitar.

Sounds beautiful. It's a lovely tune - one of my favourites. A very clear, well-balanced recording too. Thanks.

KEN

Good stuff Gerald.

Thanks for sharing... Im going thru the rest of your tracks available on your site right now

Another bookmark :shaka:

Thanks guys!

I remixed it this morning with fresh ears. I got rid of some of the spikey-nees of the uke and warmed up the EQ on both the steel and uke.

Hey, Gerald, I may attend the Lone Star Uke Fest ... looks like you're going to be there, too. ;)

I've got a lap lingering in storage, and I've wondered about C6. I used to knock around with it in open G, but C6 seems so hip. The Swing Uke sounds cool, too.

I'm going through that guitarist to uker stage. Not an A, it's a D! Real important when I'm trying to sing in the right key!

EDIT: what string set do I need for C6?

Last edited:
Stackabones,

Send me your email address and I send you a sheet with all you need to know (tunings, string gauges etc.) to get ready for my C6 class.

Fun!

Top Bottom