FS or FT Island Koa Custom 8-string Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

No-Shame

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Bill and I'm a ukeholic....

I have an excellent sounding, great condition, custom, high grade Hawaiian koa, tenor ukulele handcrafted by Pete Howlett in the UK. There are no scratches, no dings, and the finish is a beautiful satin.

I've owned it for 6 years and only recently found out it was made by Pete, who still makes custom ukuleles in Wales. He told me this instrument was commisioned by the Music Exchange in Hilo on the Big Island in the late 90's and he says the materials alone would value it starting at $1500 today.

The only blemishes are from the previous owner. He wrote his name in red sharpie behind the head, and the front seam had lifted due to poor hydration as he was storing it in a crappy case. I had the seam reglued by a local luthier and my bra-in-law is convinced the "magic erasure" will remove the name but I haven't tried it. It has been in a locked case with a humidifier. My only reasons for selling are the 8-string doesn't do it for me and I'm just too rough on my instruments. I'm a simple 4-string, hi c kind of guy and this one is too pretty for my clumsy fingers. My go-to is a blackbird tenor if that's any indication. I am hoping for $900 including delivery to the CONUS. I would consider a trade for a newer Kamaka HF-3. I'm trying to play, not collect but you know how it is....

The strings are new and it will come with a crazy uke case and the humidifier. My e-mail is no-shame@comcast.net or you can pm me.

Mahalo plenty UU

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg