Any interest in 40s/50s Harmony baritone?

bunnyf

Reaction score
I picked up this bari to use as a spare knock about uke but it's just not getting played. I can't bring myself to not play my very nice baritone, as it sounds and feels much better. The Harmony is in very good condition for its age, no cracks or other issues, just normal wear. It has it's original case, as well. I do not like the action which is a little high, but you handy folks out thre could probably lower it. Also, I would change out the tuners, as I don't feel they hold a tune as well as all my other ukes, but perhaps a more techie person could just fiddle with them. It had Aquila strings on it, which I didn't care for, so I swapped them out for Living Waters but they were very floppy in reg.DGBE tuning (better tuned up a step). I have since changed them out for a custom Savarez set which I now prefer (more volume and good tension w reg tuning). I'd like to get $150 (+ shipping, prob about $40 or so depending on where it's going) for the uke, which is what I paid. Will post pix soon.

Last edited:
Nope, in the meantime, it's hanging around as my beater uke, just for camping or to lend to others if they want to jam. I just always reach for my better bari under most circumstances. Maybe if I find the time, I will try lowering the action, but it just won't beat the sound and feel of my hand-made uke from a small Va. luthier. It's all good. If someone is interested, that's good, but if not, that's ok too. I'm always reluctant to part with a Uke. I have a concert flea that I rarely play (dislike concert size). I know I could sell it here. I've seen several posts looking, but I never respond. Size preferences can change over time and you never know. So I hang on and use it for the beach or keep it in my kindergarten where it's semi-indestructibility is much appreciated.

Top Bottom