PDA

View Full Version : Other Instrument Related Forums

Rick Turner
09-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Each forum that I've visited, posted upon, or lurked around seems to have its own distinct flavor, and some are more visited by real experts, luthiers, and curators than others.

Two I highly recommend are The Banjo Hangout and the Mandolin Cafe. Both have extremely high level discussions going on about the instruments...vintage and new...and the musical content is really good as well.

Check 'em out. You'll see some significant differences between them and between them and the UU. It's great to get a wider perspective and to see and hear what else is out there in the acoustic universe.

coolkayaker1
09-18-2014, 03:31 PM
http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/forums/8/t/The-Four-String-Farmhouse.html#.VBt5APldVHU

The Four-String Farmhouse for vintage ukes, particularly Martins, is with a high level of discussion and knowledge, too, Rick.

SteveZ
09-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Each forum that I've visited, posted upon, or lurked around seems to have its own distinct flavor, and some are more visited by real experts, luthiers, and curators than others.

Two I highly recommend are The Banjo Hangout and the Mandolin Cafe. Both have extremely high level discussions going on about the instruments...vintage and new...and the musical content is really good as well.

Check 'em out. You'll see some significant differences between them and between them and the UU. It's great to get a wider perspective and to see and hear what else is out there in the acoustic universe.

Agree 100% about the Mandolin Cafe and Banjo Hangout. Am there quite often, along with the Mando Hangout. Good folk on all of them.

Staredge
09-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Talkbass is very good as well, for us denizens of the deep.