Button Your Eyes

khrome

UU+
Reaction score
I haven't seen Coraline, the movie yet but they have a pretty cool website. There's a feature there to add buttons to your eyes to make you look all creepy. I can't link to it directly because the site is all Flash, but go here

http://www.coraline.com/

then go into the house and click on the picture frame in the hallway. Here is my button-eyes pic

Attachments

• coraline_wall.jpg
    coraline_wall.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 10
I saw it a few weeks ago, and it was great. Have you read the book? That was amazing, too.

Yup yup I love the book! I actually have the audio book narrated by Neil Gaiman himself. I liked the book so much that I was kind of turned off by the movie trailer. Not only did it look like they completely changed the story, they didn't even credit Gaiman as the author. I still haven't seen the movie - I'm waiting to rent it. The website is awsome though.

I made another button-eyes pic since that last post:

Attachments

• coraline2_cropped.jpg
    coraline2_cropped.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 5
I'd get the audiobook, but they're so expensive...

The movie is actually a lot truer to the book than it looks. (I was really surprised.) You might have noticed that they added a character, but he doesn't really alter the plot like I expected him to, and he serves a distinct (but not overwhelming) purpose. And I can't think of any characters that got cut. Also, I thought Dakota Fanning's voice would annoy me a lot, but it didn't.

Have you read The Graveyard Book?

Last edited:
I'd get the audiobook, but they're so expensive...

The movie is actually a lot truer to the book than it looks. (I was really surprised.) You might have noticed that they added a character, but he doesn't really alter the plot like I expected him to, and he serves a distinct (but not overwhelming) purpose. And I can't think of any characters that got cut. Also, I thought Dakota Fanning's voice would annoy me a lot, but it didn't.

Have you read The Graveyard Book?

Downloadable audiobooks are reasonably priced but it really depends on the publisher. I've seen some that are rediculously priced. I only get them if I really like the narrator's voice. But I typically like regular books because I read faster then those people talk. :)

That is good to know about the Coraline movie! Maybe I should go check it out while it's still in the theater.

I have not read The Graveyard Book yet but it's on my list! :) How did you like it?

Right now I'm re-reading a lesser-known fantasy series by Barry Hughart. it's a sort of adventure/mystery type story set in ancient China, with the humor and wit of Hitchhiker's Guide. It's probably one of my favorite series ever and the last time I read it was 10 years ago so I figured it was time to pick it up again.

I loved The Graveyard Book. It was amazing. There's free (and legal!) video of Neil Gaiman reading the whole thing here.

Top Bottom