VIDEO- glueing on a uke back

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
glueing on a back

I like the plastic tube cleaner-I'll have to try that! I notice you use reverse kerfing-would you like to say why you do so ( though there are probably many old threads on this topic)?

I believe reverse kerfing makes the sides stiffer then non reverse.

QUOTE=greenscoe;1580042]I like the plastic tube cleaner-I'll have to try that! I notice you use reverse kerfing-would you like to say why you do so ( though there are probably many old threads on this topic)?[/QUOTE]

I noticed you only apply glue to the outer edge of the tail block. Do you chamfer the tail block away from the back?

I noticed you only apply glue to the outer edge of the tail block. Do you chamfer the tail block away from the back?
I was wondering about that myself. But later I noticed The chamfer can be seen on the top of the tail block at the end of the video. So I assume that the chamfer is on both sides of the tail block.

But that got me wondering why the Tailblock needed to be so large if it wasn't to be used for glue surface? Is it balance?

I like the plastic tube cleaner-I'll have to try that! I notice you use reverse kerfing-would you like to say why you do so ( though there are probably many old threads on this topic)?
ly
Stiffer and it gives a cleaner look- also, the kerfs don't blow out as easy as they do with normal kerfed linings. Plastic tube cleaner????

I chamfer both the top and back of the tail block to the width of the linings so it is a continual edge.

But that got me wondering why the Tailblock needed to be so large if it wasn't to be used for glue surface? Is it balance?

I do use a big head and tail block- probably over kill but it weights very little and adds alot of strength- with the tail block, 1/2" ply is also very good and probably better if your going to be drilling a 1/2" hole into it for a pick up.

I use a cotton bud (q tip) for cleaning the glue off first then i clip off the head at an angle to reveal the plastic tube..and use it to scrape the rest of the glue out of the corners..same way as Beau..it's ideal on the bridge glue line.

I use a cotton bud (q tip) for cleaning the glue off first then i clip off the head at an angle to reveal the plastic tube..and use it to scrape the rest of the glue out of the corners..same way as Beau..it's ideal on the bridge glue line.

I love Q-Tips for this and so much more, they are handy. And the straw trick is great, the little ones from a juice box are nice.

Top Bottom