I don't know how this happened.

Rllink

Reaction score
So, I've been thinking that when I upgrade, I'm going to get an electric acoustic uke. I don't know when that will be though. So today I was coming home from coffee and I saw a guitar and amp at a garage sale. I stopped and checked it out. $20 bucks bought me a pretty nice looking electric guitar, a stand, and a Marahall 10 watt amp. I've been trying to lighten my load, and I hauled all this stuff home. Now, do I trade the guitar in on an electric uke, do I learn to play the guitar too, or do I just sell the guitar on craigslist and wait until I'm ready to upgrade? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Ooo! Score! I myself would probably still trade it in for a different electric guitar because im picky... but alot nice places do trade ins. Elferly.com usually has a nice selection and does trade ins.

More stuff..................:wtf:

Strange way to upgrade your uke, but it happens to the best of us. Sell the guitar.

The combination of options are many.

One potential option is to list on UU a two-for-one trade involving an existing uke plus the guitar and stand for an A/E uke (whatever size) that the OP likes. I've done two-for-one trades and they can be rewarding.

The guitar by itself may not be worth the shipping costs, so selling it may mean a local sale only.

The amp, if it works okay, is a good deal and they always have value.

Sell the guitar. It is a Siren who will lure you in and then break your heart. Ukulele's are sweet and trustworthy.

Sell the guitar. It is a Siren who will lure you in and then break your heart. Ukulele's are sweet and trustworthy.
It sure is a big heavy honker. I'm predicting it will find a new home pretty soon.

What kind of guitar? I just bought a circa 1982 Peavey T-30 and I love it! It's a heavy piece of ash but that is part of the charm, it might be worth a little research. Sit down with it and play it before you sell it, you might be surprised. If it's just a cheap Chinese made piece of junk then move it along!

Ooo! Score! I myself would probably still trade it in for a different electric guitar because im picky... but alot nice places do trade ins. Elferly.com usually has a nice selection and does trade ins.
I'm just not into guitars, so trading it for another guitar is not going to happen.

or you could sell the guitar and put a pick up in the uke you have
The uke I have is not worth going to the expense of putting a pickup in it. I want to upgrade, but I don't know exactly what I want to upgrade to yet. I do know that my next one is going to have a pickup though. I owe it to my neighbors.

What kind of guitar? I just bought a circa 1982 Peavey T-30 and I love it! It's a heavy piece of ash but that is part of the charm, it might be worth a little research. Sit down with it and play it before you sell it, you might be surprised. If it's just a cheap Chinese made piece of junk then move it along!
It is a Peavey Raptor, and it is made in China. If that qualifies it as a piece of junk, or not, I don't know. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it is worth twenty bucks, and anything above that is a free amp and gravy.

It is a Peavey Raptor, and it is made in China. If that qualifies it as a piece of junk, or not, I don't know. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it is worth twenty bucks, and anything above that is a free amp and gravy.
You may have made the score of the century. If yours is the raptor plus, there is one on ebay for the starting bid of $1800!. no bids as yet though.:confused:

If you determine it is junk, you could remove the low E and A strings.
TaDa = Instant Electric Baritone.

Ok so it's a modern Peavey. If it was an older USA made Predator or T-60 it would be a better score but it's still a score. That's a standard scale length, I bought my T-30 for the shorter 24" scale. You should be able to Craigslist it and put the funds towards a nice Pono, maybe used to get more for your money.

Ok so it's a modern Peavey. If it was an older USA made Predator or T-60 it would be a better score but it's still a score. That's a standard scale length, I bought my T-30 for the shorter 24" scale. You should be able to Craigslist it and put the funds towards a nice Pono, maybe used to get more for your money.
I've pretty much decided to just stick it back in the corner and wait until I decide what I want. That will probably be closer to next spring, unless something just jumps up and smacks me. If I sell it now, I'll just squander the money and not have it when I'm ready.

Plus there's just something cool about an electric guitar sitting in a corner that adds decorative flair to any room! :cool:

Top Bottom