Beware of fake "BugsGear" brand ukuleles from Tmart

PhilipKwak

Reaction score
Hi I am the "BugsGear" brand owner Philip.K and I found "Tmart" is advertising my brand "BugsGear" ukuleles on UU.
You are now finding "Tmart' banner even from this page see below link

http://www.tmart.com/search.html?typeid=&q=BugsGear

I never shipped my ukuleles to "Tmart" and they are selling my brand ukuleles illegally.

I really don't understand how this happen.

Philip.K

2014. 09. 21 Update
Walmart is now selling our "BugsGear" Ukulele and we need to check how our ukuleles being sold here.
I never supplied my products to "Walmart" or "Wayfair" and it doesn't have sound hole rosette
but mine has.

Philip.K

Attachments

• Walmart.jpg
    Walmart.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi I am the "BugsGear" brand owner Philip.K and I found "Tmart" is advertising my brand "BugsGear" ukuleles on UU.
You are now finding "Tmart' banner even from this page.

I never shipped my ukuleles to "Tmart" and they are selling my brand ukuleles illegally.

I really don't understand how this happen.

Philip.K

Thank you very much for warning us about someone counterfeiting your ukuleles. It seems to be happening to all kinds of products. Mimmo of Aquila strings has had the same problem and he is going so far as to change the colour to one that is much harder to copy.

As a side note Mim of Mims Ukes has a great youtube video showcasing your products with herself and two young girls, very cute.

Anyone please leave comment that you saw walmart selling illegal "BugsGear" ukuleles as a witness.

There's hundreds of BugsGear ukulele pictures in google and below is my product's website.
http://www.eleuke.com/#!bugsgear-ukuleles/c5ro

I have registered "BugsGear" brand 4 countries including USA so, it's illegal to sell my brand ukuleles in USA without our distribution channel.

That link does not work for me, and any pictures associated with it in google don't work either.

Thanks anyway.

I saw the "Bugsgear" ukuleles on Walmart.com last night.

I am so sorry this is happening. I would not have known the difference if I was a casual shopper. As it is, I only buy from a vendor that does set ups such as HMS or Mim's, so I would not buy a ukulele from Walmart anyway. But, how many might have been purchased as gifts by well meaning friends and family from Walmart?.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that this is happening to you, Philip.

Thanks for letting us know.

I hope it doesn't affect your sales too much.

I'm glad the UU family knows about this now.

keep uke'in',

On the bright side, you should be able to recover all the profits from the illegal sales, and since its the biggest retailer in the country, if not the world, that's selling the counterfiets you should make out like a bandit. :)

Wal Mart doesn't require a purchase to leave a product review. What would you think about many of us flooding the bogus Bugsgear product on WalMart.com with reviews stating that these are counterfeit?

Wal Mart doesn't require a purchase to leave a product review. What would you think about many of us flooding the bogus Bugsgear product on WalMart.com with reviews stating that these are counterfeit?
We should probably leave that all up to Philip. I would hate for there to be unintended consequences from something we all decide to do to help.

On the bright side, you should be able to recover all the profits from the illegal sales, and since its the biggest retailer in the country, if not the world, that's selling the counterfiets you should make out like a bandit. :)

on the other hand they have more lawyers and money than God and are notorious for playing hardball.

I was in a local Wallymart (Katy, TX) yesterday and checked it out. No "BugsGear" ukes, only First Act. Had there been any counterfiets, I would have alerted the store manager. I think that's the most each of us can do if we see any. The managers should have to report it to corporate,

Looking at the listing I'm wondering if this is a third party retailer selling through their web channel. We see a lot of this these days with owners of major online retail platforms supporting third party sales their ought their website. If this is what's going on in this case then perhaps reporting the offending product to corporate will at least get them kicked off the website. But they are probably selling elsewhere. Really unfortunate.

I asked wayfair how they are selling our brand BugsGear ukuleles. And there's possibility of stock from our ex USA dealer so, I need to
avoid haste judgement.
Wayfair answered to give me a reply in a couple of days.

I sent warning eMail to Tmall to stop selling our brand fake ukuleles but, they looks most wicked
company from HongKong as they are keep selling those ukuleles.

on the other hand they have more lawyers and money than God and are notorious for playing hardball.
x2

and this of many other reasons, is why wallyworld doesn't get any of my coin; in 37 years i've stepped in fewer than 12 times.
Phil, i sincerely hope this matter gets resolved to your satisfaction. What is your lawyer saying about it?

-Aaron

Top Bottom