Any info on Islander Pako Basses?

CTurner

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase a nice mahogany Islander Pako Bass uke. I can get the tech specs easily enough, but I'm having a hard time finding out how this model compares to a Kala UBass. I have only found one short video that demonstrates it. I suspect the quality would be relatively the same?

Kanile'a only passed me off to tell me I should find a dealer.

Thanks in Advance.

They look like the Kala Exotic Mahogany UBASS with die cast tuners that can be had for $399 at the most, and a little below that if you look hard New $379, and willing to risk ebay sellers - cheaper used). Found one dealer online selling the Islanders for a quite a few bucks more. http://www.gelbmusic.com/p-5357-islander-pako-fm-flame-mahogany-bass-uke.aspx You may be able to get a solid mahogany Ubass with the hipshot tuners for nearly the same price as the Islander above. Wood not that important, but those hipshot tuners sure are.

Last edited:
Thanks Phil. There is a dealer in my state who carries the Islander Pako basses, even has a sale going. But, even writing to Kanile'a I can't really get much info, almost like they are not really promoting the line. I am looking more seriously at the UBass line with those hipshots.

Top Bottom