Nsd/sas...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
yeah, it's New String Day and maybe a discussion of String Aquisition Syndrome...

Today, I installed new Fremont Blacklines on my Islander, concert, laminate mahogany (MC-4), because of the recommendation of someone here on UU. They sound great! Way better than the original Aquilas! Not that Aquilas are bad, more on that later. But, they add more depth and tone. They are a lot thinner than the originals and eliminated a slight buzz on the A string.

Also...I installed a set of Aquila reds on my Ohana Port Orford Cedar top (CK-80) to try and mellow it out a bit. I had Living Waters on there and it was just way too bright, even though I like bright! Nothing against Living Waters, a lot of people in our club love them! I'm just looking to mellow out the cedar.

In the past week or so I've also installed Aquila Super Nylguts on my Kala A-SLNG and it sounds so much better than it did with the Worth CM's. Again, a nice mellow tone.

As mentioned in another thread, I also put new Martins on my Style 0 and it made a world of difference, being the old ones were about a year old.

Next, new Martins on my C1K...

BTW, the blacklines on the light colored MC-4 and the reds on the cedar Ohana, look really cool, if that's what you're into! ;-D :shaka:

Last edited:
A uke seller just told me to stop changing strings and just buy more ukes!

Top Bottom