Some of my latest creations...

Dusepo

Reaction score
Here are some of my latest instruments that I have built. Hope you like :).

Attachments

• CIMG7028.jpg
    CIMG7028.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 136
  • CIMG7029.jpg
    CIMG7029.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 121
  • CIMG6744.jpg
    CIMG6744.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 129
  • CIMG6743.jpg
    CIMG6743.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 102
  • CIMG6481.jpg
    CIMG6481.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 120
more pics...

Attachments

• CIMG6482.jpg
    CIMG6482.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 56
  • CIMG6129.jpg
    CIMG6129.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 62
  • ponputu.jpg
    ponputu.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 63
  • tiple1.jpg
    tiple1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 57
  • tiple2.jpg
    tiple2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 51
Very creative. I like "Ponputu", the little spruce topped 8 string above. Nice job.

You must have a lot of fun dreaming that stuff up. Where do you get your inspiration for those shapes? Are they copies of modifications of older instruments, or are they totally original?

You must have a lot of fun dreaming that stuff up. Where do you get your inspiration for those shapes? Are they copies of modifications of older instruments, or are they totally original?

I draw all my plans from scratch, so they are original shapes, but they are inspired by historical and world instruments.

To be honest VegasGeoerge it's virtually impossible to be totally original. SO many instruments have been made over the course (cough!) of 500 years that pretty much every conceivable shape has already been done.
I really like No. 3 of the second set. Very reminiscent of an English Guittar (correct spelling) that I was thinking of making. . . then for some reason I lost interest. I assume yours is tuned in Guitar/Ukulele 4 th's (and the 3 rd).
Nice to see someone making shapes other than the usual Guitar/Ukulele type.

To be honest VegasGeoerge it's virtually impossible to be totally original. SO many instruments have been made over the course (cough!) of 500 years that pretty much every conceivable shape has already been done.
I really like No. 3 of the second set. Very reminiscent of an English Guittar (correct spelling) that I was thinking of making. . . then for some reason I lost interest. I assume yours is tuned in Guitar/Ukulele 4 th's (and the 3 rd).
Nice to see someone making shapes other than the usual Guitar/Ukulele type.

It was inspired by the Cuban Laud, but yes, it is also quite like the English Guittar. Depending on what I am playing, I tune it either gG c eE a dd like a lute/vihuela or gG c eE a ee like a charango.

SO many instruments have been made over the course (cough!) of 500 years that pretty much every conceivable shape has already been done.
It goes back way further than that. The Moors brought a huge amount of musical innovation to Europe in (about) the 12th century including their instruments. Las Cantigas de Santa Maria written in Spain in the 13th century shows many instruments of the time which look similar to Dusepo's designs.
Miguel

Top Bottom