Nud!

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Bruko #6 soprano. I wanted something vintage and plinky sounding. I did the usual youtube and headphones comparing and thought the Bruko had the sound i was looking for. All solid and a different look.

I ordered from a retailer in Germany for a better price than the UK. Four days later it arrived. It is a very well made ukulele and in my hands it has the plinky almost vintage without the searching and cost involved. I am not writing off getting vintage eg, Martin but this is pleasing me for now.

The only trouble i have is a slipping C & E tuners but i'm in contact with H. Pfeiffer and with these new tuners this is very rare. Replacements on the way! Bound to happen sometimes. Hey i've read of bridges coming off modern Martin's. ;P

Who better than UkeVal to demo it between 2 vintage ukuleles including a Martin. i think it fairs well for the price. Great uke! There should be one in every collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Haha. Well it arrived Friday but its took me a bit of time to post. Too busy playing. :D

Congrats!

I wholeheartedly agree -- Bruko makes a great uke at a great price.

Congrats! Love those Brukos!

I'm always drawn to the Bruko design - the contrast of the woods and the elegance of the style. I tried the link and it didn't work for me. I'd love to hear the comparison.

Herr Pfeiffer's customer service is 100% reliable and he will try to help out with any problem with his ukes. I know, cause I've had 4 Brükos and a had a problem with one.

I'm curious... will you be keeping the Pyramid strings on the uke? How do you feel about their sound? Some say it's best to switch them for Worth browns.

None of my bridges on my modern Martins have gone flying off but I have heard of it too. Like anything, there are always some production issues.

Petey

Congratulations! I've heard lots of favorable things about the Bruko brand.

Very distinctive - enjoy!

Herr Pfeiffer's customer service is 100% reliable and he will try to help out with any problem with his ukes. I know, cause I've had 4 Brükos and a had a problem with one.

I'm curious... will you be keeping the Pyramid strings on the uke? How do you feel about their sound? Some say it's best to switch them for Worth browns.

None of my bridges on my modern Martins have gone flying off but I have heard of it too. Like anything, there are always some production issues.

Petey

As soon as i get the new tuners in the mail i am going to try Martin M600's. I see these a lot on actual vintage instruments as well as modern Martins. The tuners certainly wont stop me buying another Bruko. I'm interested in the all maple already. :D Maybe the M600's will warm up the tone.

I like the sound. Less warm than most but its still there, of course this could change over time. May be the maple neck? Maybe the pyramid strings? Its plinky. With the video link sorted you hear the old Martin has a warmer tone. I am saving for a Martin soprano too. My Urulu 2 concert has all the warmth, very loud and resonant it will satisfy me for now. There will always be a place for the Bruko(s). :D

I am a mahogany lover i think its great mahogany sopranos can have such different voices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom