Custom Rick Turner Compass Rose 5-string Tenor with K&K Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

leokiekie

Reaction score
Sadly for me, up for sale is my only custom ukulele. I was able to visit Rick's shop six years ago and pick out my own wood from his amazing selection he has stockpiled there. I totally customized this instrument and it has served me well but unfortunately I am not working right now and the bills are piling up so it has to go. Here are the specs.

5-string tenor ukulele. Octave g's. High g on top of low g.
Cocobolo back and sides. Adirondack spruce top.
Maple binding on top, back, and headstock.
Abalone purfling on top and headstock.
Gloss finish. Sunburst top.
Mahogany neck.
Radiused ebony fretboard.
Ebony bridge with bridge pins.
Bone nut and saddle.
Gotoh vintage antique tuners.
Side soundport.
K&K twin spot pickup.

It once had a different pickup in it with a volume and tone control but I had my luthier take it out and I installed it into another ukulele. The holes are still there where the volume and tone controls once stuck out. The area around the pickup jack was damaged when my luthier installed the new pickup as you can see in the photo. It has been fixed and is stable. It has an amazing sound. Open and resonant with volume and clarity. It has one ding on the soundboard that you can see if you angle it just right. Ships in a Uke Crazy black hardcase. I'm really going to miss this one.

$995 OBO shipped CONUS. Paypal only please.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
More pics. Picture with the UU sign was from when I was going to sell it but decided not to. I will retake a picture if need be.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to see you have to sell it. Compass Roses are great instruments, and the fifth string makes it rare for a Compass Rose. Good luck with your sale, and I hope your financial situation improves.

I hate to see you have to sell it. Compass Roses are great instruments, and the fifth string makes it rare for a Compass Rose. Good luck with your sale, and I hope your financial situation improves.

Thank you. It is a rare one indeed. I haven't seen another one with a radius fretboard.

Good luck with the sale.

I feel like someone is leaving the CR family :(

Price reduction. Still have it. Still for sale. Asking $995 OBO shipped.

Sidenote: this ukulele was made by Jake Maclay of Hive Ukuleles when he was working for Rick Turner in Santa Cruz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom