Songs Now

Ukejenny

Reaction score
What songs are you playing right now?

What songs are you working on/working up?

Yeah, Jenny, you gotta tell you secretary to get busy deleting those old PM's! Songs right now? Well, I'm currently working on the show tune "Isn't It Romantic," the old Rock and Roll song, "Cupid," by Sam Cooke, and Aldrine's version of "Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard." Of course, I'm playing a lot of other stuff in-between, but I seem to be coming back to those three more or less regularly. Oh, I almost forgot, I have a little untitled ditty I wrote myself that I'm brushing up again, and I'm also trying to get back to the version of Stephen Foster's "The Bright Hills of Glory" that I used to play all the time.

Last edited:
I just got Colin Tribe's tab for "Country Roads." It is challenging but extremely fun! My wife is from WV so I have been looking for the song but kept coming across the chords. When I saw his YouTube video I knew that it was the version I wanted to learn. Hopefully I will be able to do it justice someday.

http://youtu.be/QdDDZZ_15dQ

Last edited:
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World (Prince), I Am The Cosmos and an arrangement of Rhapsody In Blue.

I'm stumbled across "All my Loving" on scorpexuke, and am really having fun with it...

My next song for the Seasons (I'll keep it close to my chest but as it's 50s week it's a fun one)

And I'm also working on a couple songs for open mic on Sunday. First is No-One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age. Got a guitar chord chart and I'm winging it from there, need to work on a couple transitions and the solo is all over the place at the minute.

Second is my first go at working a song out for myself. It's called Gasoline, by a band called the Dead Weather. There are no tabs for it anywhere, but I've reckon I've got the feel of it pretty well. Made a couple changes to suit my style a bit more and to suit the uke a bit more but it's fun to play.

Both songs are making me focus a bit more on my strumming, as they've got very distinct rhythms that I wanted to capture.

I'm working on Jake's Equator.

I just cleaned out my inbox on Monday!!! I got the email and did it directly.

Went and looked again and didn't know that the 50 allowed are included in your archive.

Last edited:
I'm new to the uke, so these aren't going to be too fancy.
Stray Cat Strut in Am. The whole family like singing this one.
House of the Rising Sun in Am- finger picking it to sound sort of like the Animals version.
I'll Fly Away in G - clawhammer. May as well since I do clawhammer banjo.

I'm new to the uke, so these aren't going to be too fancy.
Stray Cat Strut in Am. The whole family like singing this one.
House of the Rising Sun in Am- finger picking it to sound sort of like the Animals version.
I'll Fly Away in G - clawhammer. May as well since I do clawhammer banjo.

Sounds pretty good to me!

This week:
Teach your Children by Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Find the River by R.E.M.

Cheers!

I just got Colin Tribe's tab for "Country Roads." It is challenging but extremely fun! My wife is from WV so I have been looking for the song but kept coming across the chords. When I saw his YouTube video I knew that it was the version I wanted to learn. Hopefully I will be able to do it justice someday.

http://youtu.be/QdDDZZ_15dQ

Love this song and also have never seen a TAB for it. My husband and I both love this song.

I love hearing what everyone is working on. So many good ideas, so many different directions you can go for an adventure. :shaka:

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobbie McFerrin (My favorite)
Hello Mary Lou by Ricky Nelson
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights by Freddy Fender (Everyone tells me I sound terrible singing that one.)
Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
Amazing Grace
500 Miles by Peter Paul and Mary
You Ain't Nothing but a Hound Dog by Elvis Presley (That one is easy and my wife laughs when I sing it)
King of the Road by Roger Miller.
Love Potion Number 9 by The Clovers
Ghost Riders by Johnny Cash
Blowing in the Wind by Bob Dylan
Rawhide, the Blues Brothers rendition. I also have my own lyrics that are "Huntin' Huntin'' Huntin, always out there Huntin', Buck and I" for my old dog Buck.
Third Rate Romance
And finally, Oh Susanna.

Tico-Tico
Pineapple Mango by Daniel Ho
Kiss from a Rose by Kalei
TNC by Troy Fernandez
Rockin the Uke by Roy Smeck

Nick

Til There Was You, in Bb on the tenor. Sometimes I'll use the same shapes & play it in F on the baritone. I haven't decided which sound/pitch I like better for singing.
It's from Music Man.

Pinball Wizard - The Who,
Dream On - Aerosmith,
I don't like half the folks I love - Paul Thorn

Top Bottom