JOYO JE-62 Pickup, Equalizer, and Tuner

LloydAZ

Reaction score
I was browsing Amazon looking for a Piezo clip-on or stick-on pickup that I could use just to record my Ukulele playing without all the background noise in the house. I didn't buy anything because I already have everything that I need to build one of my own.

I ran across the JOYO JE-62 Pickup, Equalizer, and Tuner that runs for about $16 US. I was curious if anyone has tried one of these on one of their instruments and what the results were.

Personally, I'm not brave enough to cut holes in my instrument to install one of these myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Ukulele-Tuner...qid=1411677314&sr=1-3&keywords=ukulele+pickup

I haven't even heard of that one before. Joyo also does crazy cheap effects pedals in quality-looking enclosures, but I'm kind of skeptical of the price for any of their stuff. At a certain point you're sacrificing a lot of quality in parts to get the cost so low. I would think that the reliability factor would be somewhere around zero.

But I'm curious now. :)

Lots of different models on ebay. I've even considered getting a small cigar box and using one to make an inexpensive preamp/eq and just put passive pickups in my ukes, but I'm now more likely to guy the Behringer Acoustic Preamp/eq for About $30

If I had some dirt-cheap beater uke that I picked up at a rummage sale I might consider buying one and trying it out.

My clip on tuner is a JOYO, and a few years back, I bought an "amp" on ebay that plugs in to a 1/4" jack (for my electric guitar) with a headphone output. It's a little screamer. I've never had any issues with either of them.

Top Bottom