Fishman iSys on my Pono is great!

steel rider

Reaction score
I had a Fishman iSys installed on my Pono with an under saddle pickup and endpin jack. The battery is inside the uke. (this model: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FISHMAN...PREAMPS-EQ-W-TUNER-WITH-9V-BATT-/121385122782)

This goes PERFECTLY with my Roland AC 33 in that it sounds like an amplified ukulele. Nice and clean. Just louder. Not to mention I now have a built in tuner!

For reference I also have a Fluke with a passive pickup and an Eleuke. Those are great for their purposes (Fluke for travel and Eleuke for quiet practice) but the Pono is now just about perfect... until i buy a Deluxe some day.

:D

Glad to see this. Have the Isys+ on a Lanikai tenor and love it. Have been considering another Isys on my Pono Pro Classic tenor.

I've swapped out Fishman (poorly conceived sound hole preamp) Sonitone preamps in 3 of my Lanikai tenor cutaways for the Isys+ preamp with tuner, it's so much better. I've been installing a variety of preamps with tuners in most of my ukes, for me it's the only way to fly. I just installed a Fishman Kula in my custom gypsy jazz, and waiting for delivery of a glossy black mandolele and custom u-bass to install Chinese tuners that I've used before (all working very well).

Last edited:
Top Bottom