FS: Moodyville Ukulele Gypsy Jazz tenor + case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD: Moodyville Ukulele Gypsy Jazz tenor + case

For Sale: Mint condition, Moodyville Ukulele Gypsy Jazz tenor with black canvas, hard foam case. Beautifully figured English walnut back and sides, Sitka spruce soundboard, alder neck with Grover open-geared tuners. Very cool and traditional 7-line rosette. The headplate, radiused fretboard, bridge and nut are ebony. Bone is used for the saddle. A zero-fret is employed in the instrument design. 17” scale length. 1-3/8” nut width. There are side markers at the 3,5,7,10,12,15 frets.

This is a larger body tenor, wider than most tenors (10.25 inches at the lower bout). However, the tenor is very light weight and well balanced. It is currently strung with Oasis bright strings. Originally purchased late June 2013 directly from Moodyville Ukuleles. Moodyville Ukuleles are handcrafted in North Vancouver, Canada by the well regarded luthier, Shelley D. Park. Moodyville Ukuleles are a tasteful homage to the mid-century guitars of Mario Maccaferri.

I am the original owner. The tenor is literally in "like new condition” with limited hours of careful playing on it. No scratches, dings, marks, or imperfections. Recently got a new great custom and have to make some room, so this unique and wonderful uke is up for sale.
SOLD

This tenor is currently strung with Oasis bright low g strings and has a wonderful and resonant tone, a crisp sound with good mid and bass.

Recent sound sample in C tuning:
https://app.box.com/s/x0i91ks8ejawgwfz6rb9

Recent sound sample in B tuning:
https://app.box.com/s/zbd68jl5n7vrn3s3doaw

fcf4ad10-894d-42e8-8a89-77272200bbb7_zps56059c07.jpg

P1060784_zps04234b02.jpg

P1060785_zps74e55ce6.jpg

55c7dc89-e90e-4276-9eee-50969cc77849_zps02084cb0.jpg

Last edited:
Hodge, just stop it.:)You are killing me with your beautiful pictures and great sound samples. You could sell ukes for a living. Fabulous instrument at that price. I have a Pono ET-PC in transit so I am safe from temptation...........sort of :p

Hey Dave,

Didn't you just commit to another Uke and a car today as well?

Man. I want this one. Lay away plans available ? Lol.

This is a real beauty. I'm a fan of vertical jazz soundholes, but this one could change a feller's mind. A superb uke at a great price.

Wow! Awesome.

Hey Hodge,
I just took delivery of my Moodyville Gypsy Jass Ukulele a month ago. Same model. I visited Shelly's shop and played a bunch of here Ukuleles last june after we PM'd. Shelly's makes a top notch product. They are very popular in Japan and when I picked min up she had four more on the bench . Mine is almost identical but black walnut sides and back and I went with black walnut neck. For anyone looking for light build, super easy playing, very clear and articulate ukulele both strummed and played….. this is a awesome deal. I'm thinking about getting Shelly to build me a Redwood top, indian rosewood or cocobolo side and back ukulele.With the zero fret, her action is super low and plays great. These also have a 20" radius neck which I had never played before on a ukulele and can only say they play awesome. Good luck with the sale. If it wasn't so close to mine, I would buy it in a minute.

Thanks for the kind everyone.

This uke is SOLD! Thanks!.

Last edited:
I have one of these and it is a fantastic uke. The large body produces excellent volume for a surprisingly lightweight uke. And Shelley was fantastic to work with.

You're going to love this one bonesigh. :) Congrats!

That is one lovely uke! Shelley Park builds some of the most beautiful Maccaferri-style guitars, and her ukes are gorgeous. I already have TWO Maccaferri-style ukes, but I was tempted by this one.

I've been to Shelly shop twice now. I've played 3-4 of her ukuleles. Ive played a few of her Maccaferri guitars. She is the real deal and a very nice person. My Moodyville is black walnut/sitka spruce with walnut neck so very much like your new one
bonesigh… you are going to love this ukulele. It play so easy and real nice volume but to me its the articulation of the notes played or finger picked and the sustain that makes it special. The more I play it the more I love it. As it opens up its going to get even better.

I'm considering another with different woods. Shelly's shop is only 4 hour from where I live so I'm very lucky to have a talent like this close to me.

Let us know what you think about yours after you play it for awhile. I'm interested to hear from other Moodyville players as to types of wood they have.
Cheers

I received this uke today. What a nice little number. Such a tiny headplate (; Sounds wonderful and could be my main squeeze now! Thank you Hodge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom