Popping back in for a progress report!

pixiepurls

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I pretty much finished my 100 day challenged of learning to play ukulele. I took a break over the summer and I didn't play for about 2 or 3 months and then slowly worked my fingers back up to being able to play though I still have to wear a bandaid from time to time I strum too hard hah!

I am now working on my first official more complex song, Vance Joy's Riptide (you have to hear it if you have not yet) and I am still working on some kids lullaby's to play for my daughters class... here is a video I made for my uke teacher, in our last lesson on Friday he worked on the two strumming patterns with me and we did them very slowly and I came home and it was so cool like CLICK I could just do them fast it was neat. I am just working through the song being able to play each bit properly and in the proper time as well.

I thought I couldn't play it fast enough but now I think I am playing it too fast hah!

I also bought a real cool 1/2 size guitar and its nice to play with both instruments, varies things and keeps it interesting.

You certainly are getting better. Glad you dropped back in, thought we had lost you to the saxaphone or something :D

Nice bit of strumming and chucking, sounds great. If you can, try to keep that right hand strumming even when your left hand is not quite keeping up. "Always stay in the groove" my teacher used to say.

Nice bit of strumming and chucking, sounds great. If you can, try to keep that right hand strumming even when your left hand is not quite keeping up. "Always stay in the groove" my teacher used to say.

Yeah I just sometimes can't make the jump to G chord properly, I'm amazed its still so difficult sometimes... but it really slows me down!!! I get super irritated when I mess up so I start over till it goes smoother. I would not play well live :D

Just keep going for it baby girl!

I didn't hear you before, so I'll just say you are sounding good now. This may sound strange coming from someone who has played for years, but I'm envious of your chunking. I never did that before. I just started trying to figure it out. And you're doing it a lot better than me!

I didn't hear you before, so I'll just say you are sounding good now. This may sound strange coming from someone who has played for years, but I'm envious of your chunking. I never did that before. I just started trying to figure it out. And you're doing it a lot better than me!

Thanks, practice makes perfect right? I practice a lot :D I love percussion so its one of my favorite things to do on ukulele!!

Top Bottom