Zircote and Engelmann Spruce Tenor

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Another one finished up in the last batch of instruments.

It was a commission based on some previous instruments the client has seen on my website, so the design consultation was pretty easy. "Can you build me something like this in a tenor"?.....Yep;)

Back and Sides - Zircote
Top - Engelmann Spruce
Bindings - Beefwood
Neck - Spanish Cedar
Fret Board and Head Plates - Ebony
Bridge - Indian Rosewood
Pickup - MISI
Tuners - Grover
Strings - South Coast Uke
Finish - Lacquer

zircote tenor-2.jpgzircote tenor-3.jpgzircote tenor-4.jpgzircote tenor-5.jpgzircote tenor-1.jpg

They keep coming...........................again stunningly beautiful.

Thanks for the description of how you do your heel detail on your previous thread. As I work towards the completion of my first small bodied guitar, it will be another instrument in about 45/50 hours. So my question this time is how long does it take you to make one of these beauties ( complete with rosette, head detail, heel detail and purfling/binding)?

BTW. Congratulations to you and Beau on having examples of your ukes selected for the latest edition of Ukulele Rhythms. I hope the wider exposure results in an increase in sales.
Miguel

BTW. Congratulations to you and Beau on having examples of your ukes selected for the latest edition of Ukulele Rhythms. I hope the wider exposure results in an increase in sales.
Miguel

Thanks Miguel. I'm being kept very busy, and couldn't be happier with the turn of events that have come about in the last year.

They keep coming...........................again stunningly beautiful.

Thanks for the description of how you do your heel detail on your previous thread. As I work towards the completion of my first small bodied guitar, it will be another instrument in about 45/50 hours. So my question this time is how long does it take you to make one of these beauties ( complete with rosette, head detail, heel detail and purfling/binding)?

Build time varies widely on how much trim, type of finish, and the wood species. I build between 4 and 6 instruments at a time, so there is considerable time savings in machine set ups when doing multiples. So while I do know how much time it takes to build them, the answer is only relevant if you are doing the same.

Beautiful Work Allen.

Top Bottom