Essential Elements for Ukulele

Ukejenny

Reaction score
I have picked up three ukulele students who are beginners. I was looking for something to use to get them into a varied study of music and ukulele - a little theory, chording, reading, tab and so on. I ended up going with Essential Elements for Ukulele. I've used this book with wind instrument students and liked it. I researched the ukulele version and ended up getting one. It is really good and provides a very good foundation to the basics of all things ukulele.

If you are a beginner and are relatively new to music, I think this book would be a good place to start. It also comes with a CD.

The only con I can think of is that there isn't a book 2 as of yet and I don't know if they are planning on adding one. Other than that, it is a great book.

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Elements-Ukulele-Method-Book/dp/1480321699/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411951535&sr=8-1&keywords=essential+elements+ukulele

I am delighted to hear that Essential Elements for Ukulele is working well as a method for your beginning students.

In response to your question about a second volume - I have recently completed writing Book 2. It is just beginning to work its way through the production process at Hal Leonard. I do not know for certain what the publication date will be but it is in the works.

Top Bottom