FS: Luis Feu de Mesquita Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya

Reaction score
Recently purchased from another UU member.

It's a tenor (Amigo XIX) , fully loaded, with Zericote and Engleman body, radius fretboard, slotted headstock and a Luis installed strum guard. Currently strung with Southcoast low G with two smooth wound strings. Its only about a year old (in new condition).

The pictures will speak for themselves, the sound as with all Luis work is awesome.

This uke will cost you $1725 delivered in conus in hard case, firm.

Payment by Paypal feeless or check.
Thanks For Looking.

Attachments

• IMAG1159.jpg
    IMAG1159.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMAG1154.jpg
    IMAG1154.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 269
  • IMAG1156.jpg
    IMAG1156.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 196
more photos..

Attachments

• IMAG1155.jpg
    IMAG1155.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG1157.jpg
    IMAG1157.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG1158.jpg
    IMAG1158.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 91
Forced to downsize to only 2 ukes.

Yes, there is a pink/red stripe in the binding

Very nice ... Luis' tone and sound IMHO is flawless ...

Very nice ... Luis' tone and sound IMHO is flawless ...

I concur-- as another LFdM owner, Luis does incredible work. Mine is a very powerful instrument. Someone is going to be very, very happy with this one.

Thank you Sam13 and RichM. This is indeed very nice ukulele. If I could, I would have kept if for a while.

I concur-- as another LFdM owner, Luis does incredible work. Mine is a very powerful instrument. Someone is going to be very, very happy with this one.

I am pretty excited about being in the queue for one of his Ukes ... so much tonal colouring ... and clarity. Just excellent.

I hope this reply is not out of place, but a few months ago when researching a custom gypsy jazz uke and saw the style of Luis's model (and the price), I decided against it. Looking at other North American gypsy jazz builders that did not do a close enough rendition, I contacted Bruce Wei in Vietnam, who Immediately replied with a drawing of his style, which was very close to the original Selmer/Maccafferi Grand Bouche I like. I gave him the details I wanted and his price was $780 including overseas shipping.

It is all solid wood, curly maple top, Indian rosewood body, walnut neck. I installed my own Fishman Isys + preamp and pickup. I'm anxious for it to open up, it's a little subdued, but I have to say, it's beautiful.

Gypsy me.jpg

$1700 LFdMT or $780 B. Wei...which is the better value? Three guesses...first two don't count. :rolleyes:

I hope this reply is not out of place, but a few months ago when researching a custom gypsy jazz uke and saw the style of Luis's model (and the price), I decided against it. I gave him the details I wanted and his price was $780 including overseas shipping.

I'm anxious for it to open up, it's a little subdued, but I have to say, it's beautiful.

(a) Since you brought it up, yes, I think it is out of place on another guy's sales thread. It's completely irrelevant what you chose to do for yourself, particularly as you've added no useful information whatsoever--positive or negative--about the uke brand for sale.

(b) All of your experience, based on your signature, is with your collection of B. Weis, Gretsch, Kala, Epiphone, etc. You have zero direct experience with LFdMT. Zilch.

(b) Since you admit that your ukulele is a subdued wall-hanger (i.e. beauty over sound, sort of like saying my Corvette looks like a million bucks but, don't expect to drive it: underneath the hood, no engine!), are you suggesting someone buy a Wei like yours? I don't at all see your point in the post.

Last edited:
:
(a) Since you brought it up, yes, I think it is out of place on another guy's sales thread. It's completely irrelevant what you chose to do for yourself, particularly as you've added no useful information whatsoever--positive or negative--about the uke brand for sale.

(b) All of your experience, based on your signature, is with your collection of B. Weis, Gretsch, Kala, Epiphone, etc. You have zero direct experience with LFdMT. Zilch.

(b) Since you admit that your ukulele is a subdued wall-hanger (i.e. beauty over sound, sort of like saying my Corvette looks like a million bucks but, don't expect to drive it: underneath the hood, no engine!), are you suggesting someone buy a Wei like yours? I don't at all see your point in the post.

What Steve said.:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom