NUD x2 (part 2) Thanks Andrew

bassballz

Reaction score
So after getting home from our Hawaiian holiday, Im thinking about a few of the tenors I sampled at Sam's. I'm a soprano/concert guy, not yet ventured into the larger sect, but those few I played sounded really sweet. I ended up reading a couple reviews on the Pono ETSH, and next thing I know I'm trading phone calls and emails with Andrew at HMS. After some discussion on what I was looking for visually and sound-wise, Andrew spent the time to go through his stock and select a few that stood out. He emailed me a few photos, we discussed string selection, and I'm happy to say I now own a beautiful Macassar ebony/cedar top tenor, strung in low G (another first for me). Not only is this a gorgeous looking machine , the sound is symphonic!
DSCN0363.jpg DSCN0362.jpg

Once again, Andrew (HMS) exceeded all expectations!
Cheers

Wow, you hit the Pono "jackpot." Gorgeous, congrats yet again.

Very nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy that. They make very few Macassar's. And for anyone in the market, I have a tenor cutaway Macassar with spruce top for sale.

Thanks for the comments, y'all. Andrew actually talked me into the low G on this one...and I'm glad he did!
He included a high G string set just in case it wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm sold. It's not necessarily better, just different. In a very, very good way.
:cheers:

Yes, Yes, ain't they lovely. My gf and I each have one and they get a ton of play time. Congrats on a great Uke.

Top Bottom