Epiphone uke question

Stagehand

Reaction score
I purchased an Epiphone LesPaul yesterday...a nice uke for the price and a ball to play.
One thing is strange tho. According to the Epiphone website, the fingerboard has a 16" radius and mine is dead flat. Has anyone else noticed this?

I called customer service and they said that it a miss print and the ukes have always had flat fingerboards. To be fair he seemed to not want to be bothered answering questions about somthing as mundane as an ukulele.

yes, they all have flat fretboards. The prototype they made before the production of them was released was a radioused fretboard like the Les Paul guitars are, but I figured they thought it would effect the target price, so when they released them, they were flat to save production costs to keep the price point around $100. But, yes, all of them are flat on the Les Paul uke.

Mine is still waiting for me to install a bone nut and saddle and Aquila concert strings on it........my to do list is embarrassingly long!

I've done just that on several of the Epi LP ukes. It makes a world of difference in tone and volume playing acoustically.

Mine is still waiting for me to install a bone nut and saddle and Aquila concert strings on it........my to do list is embarrassingly long!

I got one a few days ago. I shimed the neck, with a hotel key cut to the right size, and put Aquila Reds on it. Wow what a difference!

Top Bottom