Thinnest wound 3rd string

bearbike137

Reaction score
I am trying to find the thinnest wound 3rd string out there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

I am trying to find the thinnest wound 3rd string out there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

It's not wound, but the Aquila Red is quite thin and has a nice tone (to my ear).

Strings are usually gauged correctly for a particular scale length to give the best sound and intonation at standard pitch. Generally stings sets for shorter scale lengths are a little thinner than for longer scale lengths. You could experiment if you wanted to but be aware that you will likely change the instruments intonation.

Anthony

You didn't say whether it's for a soprano, a concert, or a tenor.

If for a tenor, try the top four strings from a Savarez Yellow Card classical guitar set with the nylon on nylon 3rd, 2nd, and 1st. All wound, sound perfectly even all the way across. And they last a long, long time.

You didn't say whether it's for a soprano, a concert, or a tenor.

If for a tenor, try the top four strings from a Savarez Yellow Card classical guitar set with the nylon on nylon 3rd, 2nd, and 1st. All wound, sound perfectly even all the way across. And they last a long, long time.

Oops, sorry - tenor strings.

Suggest you check with Southcoast

Top Bottom