Encore + 52 Years On

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Don't know if this is an appropriate post for this section but I feel so great having the opportunity to jam with a friend who I grew up with in NYC again while we are on our vacation in the USA. Danny and I used to play in Greenwich Village in the early 60's and in our High School playing Child Ballads for the English Lit classes.
Yesterday, in Vermont, we had the opportunity to play the old songs again. He on his original guitar from the 60's and I on my new Mya-Moe 6 string tenor. Didn't sound too bad, if I do say so my self.
This photo is of Dan & I playing at a friends sweet 16 party:
image.jpg
This was the encore last night:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on what sounds like a wonderful reunion and a great playing experience. I'm envious.

I am so fortunate that my USA friends found me in Australia via Google back in 2004. I feel reconnected now that we visit them every 2 years. I guess that unless you leave your roots, breaking that history that you were, many may not appreciate how fortunate they are to be close to those that you love and who love you.

Last edited:
Picture #2 it was easy to guess who you were, the guy playing the smaller instrument :music: What about the first picture when neither seems to have any facial hair and the stuff on your heads was a bit darker. No offense as I am 56 and my hair has also "lightened" up:eek:

Picture #2 it was easy to guess who you were, the guy playing the smaller instrument :music: What about the first picture when neither seems to have any facial hair and the stuff on your heads was a bit darker. No offense as I am 56 and my hair has also "lightened" up:eek:

I was the redhead playing the Martin 016 New Yorker.

Just starting out my day and having read all the doom and gloom in the news came across your happy little tale. Thanks, nice.

Top Bottom