FS Maui Music Tenor and Hard Foam Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD : Maui Music Tenor and Hard Foam Case

Maui Music all Hawaiian koa tenor, handcrafted by Peter Lieberman in Hawaii in 2011. The body is solid koa with and oval sound hole and the neck is mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard. The fingerboard has a radius on it, making it much easier to play barre chords. Nut and saddle are rosewood. The uke is used but in very good condition. Hard Foam Case included.

No cracks, dents, or bad dings. However, there is some play wear, strum marks, and small finish repair on the upper bout. There is also a tiny edge indent on the fretboard (near 4th fret). These can be seen in the pics. If small things bother you, this uke isn’t for you. This is a great sounding player’s instrument. It has a bright clear voice.

Why am I selling this? My usual reason: I’m looking to thin my uke collection this year, and some great ukes have to go.

Recent sound sample in low G, C tuning with Oasis strings: https://app.box.com/s/r44kaph33cw0hak957yp

SOLD

P1060851_zpsc29344ca.jpg

P1060847_zps8ce2bff0.jpg

P1060848_zpscf4fd8d6.jpg

P1060850_zps105b9db3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking uke, Hodge ... radius ... Koa ... what more could a uker want?

That is one sweet sounding uke, seriously. I just absolutely love the sound, if I didn't have a new uke in transit.............Man oh man someone will score huge in the sounds and looks department for $675.00. Some of the new Cordobas cost that much.

Was this one of the Maui Music ukes you had in your 19 tenor comparasion thread? I remember really liking the sounds of both the MMs you had there, that thread was epic and very useful. You recycle some excellent instruments. The Howlett I bought from you is still sounding lovely with the Phd strings on it, you still enjoying those strings on your Pegasus?

Oh geez, if I weren't about to pull the trigger on a soprano, I would totally snatch this up. Sounds great!

That is one sweet sounding uke, seriously. I just absolutely love the sound, if I didn't have a new uke in transit.............Man oh man someone will score huge in the sounds and looks department for $675.00. Some of the new Cordobas cost that much.

Was this one of the Maui Music ukes you had in your 19 tenor comparasion thread? I remember really liking the sounds of both the MMs you had there, that thread was epic and very useful. You recycle some excellent instruments. The Howlett I bought from you is still sounding lovely with the Phd strings on it, you still enjoying those strings on your Pegasus?

Yes, this the Maui Music tenor I had in the 19 tenor comparison. Although it was in B tuning then. It sounds a little warmer to me in B tuning.

The PhDs are sounding good on the Pegasus. I may try some Alohi strings at the next change. Thanks!

Hey DocJ,

Is this strong enough to handle a wound 3rd string? I like the re-entrant but want a bit of umph on the bottom ...

sam13

Hey DocJ,

Is this strong enough to handle a wound 3rd string? I like the re-entrant but want a bit of umph on the bottom ...

sam13

Maui Music tenors usually come standard with Hilo strings and a wound C. So that wouldn't be a problem.

SOLD. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom