Ohana CKP70 Vita Concert Ukulele

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all
Has anybody got a Ohana CKP70 Vita Concert Ukulele and would be able to measure nut width for me please.
Thanks Phil.

Just measured mine at 1 5/16 or 34mm
Thanks for doing the mm Pete. I currently play a concert which is 34-35. I really like the sound of the vita and thinking of buying one but there are none close to me to try. Have you played a concert? do you find it a squeeze length wise.
Thanks Phil.

Ohana call the CKP a concert size although I think this owes more to the size of the body than anything, which is quite large, as the scale length is soprano.
Must admit, I prefer tenor ukes for comfort as my sausages are quite pudgey, so concert is not an issue for me, though I do find sopranos a bit of a squeeze. That says more about my playing style than anything though.
Where in the World are you Phil? I'm getting a UK vibe?

Several owners have complained that it's a little "small" for a concert size. I have been keeping my eye open for the rosewood bodied one. I would buy one for the "brightness" and the rosewood model is noticeably brighter to me.

I have two of the Ohana Vita Ukes - the 70, and the 70R.

I would call them Soprano Ukes with a concert body. They are loud, luscious, and fun to play, and take up very little room.

Playing these are what got me comfortable with soprano scale.

-Kurt​

Ohana call the CKP a concert size although I think this owes more to the size of the body than anything, which is quite large, as the scale length is soprano.
Must admit, I prefer tenor ukes for comfort as my sausages are quite pudgey, so concert is not an issue for me, though I do find sopranos a bit of a squeeze. That says more about my playing style than anything though.
Where in the World are you Phil? I'm getting a UK vibe?

Yes unfortunately Uk. Wish I lived near a decent uke shop no choice around here. I did buy a tenor fluke but found it to much of a stretch so went back to concert. Funds are short so I was looking for something with a punchy sound for finger picking. I also have sausage fingers and my hands are fairly big but did not get on with a tenor.

If you are anywhere near me, (or even if you aren't!) you are welcome to come try out my Vita uke for size.
Failing that, take your holidays in Bournemouth and visit SUS! :D

I have one for sale in Honolulu or in the SF Bay Area where I am for the next few days. It has a great case, made for it. Easy to hold. south coast strings. $150 plus shipping.

One of brightest sounding ukes I have played is the Eddy Finn Travel Concert. It has sound-looks-and a price of $125. Compared to other thin bodied concerts, comments run from" as good as" to "better than, and a lot less expensive. The Vita design is a soprano with a larger body. (Ukiyo #47 lives here. The seals of the Ohana look like a walrus compared to the original or other makers.)

Top Bottom