I won a Uke!

Tootler

Reaction score
I went to a Uke festival this weekend and in the prize draw at the end of the day, I won a Cloud Music mahogany soprano Uke. I was a bit worried about getting it home but I'm at Amsterdam airport & I've checked in OK. So far so good. Just waiting for my flight home.

Wow that is so cool, congratulations. Ukes are like beer in so far as " there is only one thing better than a ukulele, that is a free ukulele"

Congratulations! What a wonderful prize.

Congrats. I've been going to uke festivals for the past 4 years, haven't won anything yet. Hoping again this year.

Congrats, Geoff! It was fun meeting you yesterday. I'm looking forward to the picture of Paul, Wim and us two. I think it was made with Paul's camera.

Very cool, Geoff! You attracted that prize right to yourself. Let's hear it soon.

Congrats, Geoff! It was fun meeting you yesterday. I'm looking forward to the picture of Paul, Wim and us two. I think it was made with Paul's camera.
I second this, I hope you enjoy the uke. And yesterday (and Saturday jamming at the hotel) was absolute great fun. I am also looking forward to the picture that was taken with Paul's camera.

Congratulations! Dixie Ukuleles often gives a uke away at the festivals it attends and I've had the pleasure of handing over somebody's newest joy. It's very cool to see somebody win something they will actually use and enjoy.

I second this, I hope you enjoy the uke. And yesterday (and Saturday jamming at the hotel) was absolute great fun. I am also looking forward to the picture that was taken with Paul's camera.

I enjoyed my weekend in the Netherlands and it was great to meet you all as well as the other people I met. I hope to come back if it happens next year. Winning the uke was a real bonus.

I have an idea for this week's season and I am hoping to get it done - with the new uke, of course. :)

Last edited:
WOO HOO! Congratulations! Don't that just make ya feel great? I've won two so far, and my plan is to win another at TBUG next month!

You deserved it for your fine rendition of 'Whiskey in the Jar' in the Open Mic session.
Great festival. Nice to have met you.

My first uke was one I won in a drawing from a store where I'd previously purchased a guitar. It started me on this journey of uke playing.

Then I won another during the live Undies awards here a few years ago.

Both are very special to me. :)

I won a Uke also, but Bonesigh I am afraid to take it out of the plastic....I don't think I would be able to put it together again....lol
By the way it was a beautiful wood puzzle shaped like a ukulele and I just love it!
Phil....don't give up Tampa Bay Uke Festival usually has some good prizes....good luck!

Top Bottom