What's your player?

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have six pretty good ukes to play at home. None of them is easier to grab than any of the others. Yet when I can't make up my mind which to play I always grab the Imua concert. I don't know why, but it's my player.

Which uku do you grab most often?

my tenor spruce top mahagony pono with reentrant tuning :)

This will be an enjoyable thread to follow. To keep it a short answer my player is a Koaloha Opio concert. I have left it out of the case in a corner all summer which makes it easy to just grab and play. Humidity is well over 45% here in the summer so no issues.

Similar to DownUpDave, my KoAloha Opio soprano is my player. I open the cases on the other ones to refill the humidifiers, but rarely play them any more outside of those times.

Last edited:
In my living room, next to my recliner, it's my KPK koa concert, behind me in my computer/uke room, it's my Pono MCD-E. They are the ones I practice with and play most often.

Despite many "nicer" ukes worth far more money, my go-to player is my all mahogany Kelii super soprano.

Creedy baritone, cedar top, saple sides and back, old school great sound, Savarez classic guitar strings, linear DGBE. It's my go to unless I'm feeling soprano, then it's a walnut Lo Prinzi.

The Kala concert in my sig. I swapped quite a number of ukes in and out and this one just "fits" in all the right ways for me.

But I would love a Koa concert as well.

My Luna "Peace" Concert. I use it to learn stuff and to practice stuff I learn. I use my Kala "Exotic Mahogany" Soprano when I play at night. It's not so loud.

Get down, Fool! :eek:ld:

I have ten ukes :eek: and try to spread the love around, but lately it's been my Lehua tenor.

When I go out to uke meets it's usually my Kala thinline tenor, just because it's thin enough to fit into my tote bag with my music stand and whatever else I need to bring so I only have to carry one bag.

I got the Imua on the Big Island at Hawi Gallery. Sweet and subtle sound. Lot's of harmonics. Good action. The Orcas strings were just right. She is a well balanced. The Koa is understated and fairly dark. I've had this ukulele for a year and it just gets better. She is named "Ikaika" for a cat that lived for a long time at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel.

My Moore Bettah. Like WickedW says, I am monogamous.

Easy answer for me. My one and only Lanakai LU-11. I do wish my new Islander would get here though.

My Lanikai 6 string tenor is sitting by my desk, so that's my go to player. I also play my off rand travel tenor a fair amount - like the way it sounds. After a long period of less-thn-love, I play my low G Kanilea fairly frequently too, especially considering the case is under another case.

Martin C1K or Kamaka Ohta San. Portability and beautiful sounding instruments.

Top Bottom