Ukulele diet!!!

meletui

Reaction score
First day back at uni today; and my husband has put me on an ukulele diet. Today he locked away my kpk and told me I can have it back on the weekend; he then got in his car and went to work and left me with a broken heart and major withdrawals. My fingers were twitching all day. By 6pm I started scratching my face and by 7pm I was reduced to rummaging through my 3 year olds toy box for her toy mahalo ukulele (which only has 2 fishing line strings left on it). I don’t think im going to cope ukuleleless till the weekend. By 8pm the thought crossed my mind - either the uke comes back or the husband has to go :mad:!!! Does anyone else have it as bad as me? And better yet – does anyone else have any ukulele reprimand or withdrawal experiences they would like to share>>???

haha, that must be frustrating, i sometimes find myself strumming on the side of my leg to a song in lessons. my mates look at me like i have a nervous twitch every time i do this. :rotfl: but hey, i hope i never get it as bad as that, i'm even taking mine on holiday next year. (it is a month and a half long holiday but still, i wouldn't be able to cope)

peace :cheers: and beer

oh thank god im not the only one, i just started back at uni too, by the way what r u studying??? im in the sexy yet sooooo hard degree of petroleum engineering.... and since i live alone i had to lock my uke away, lucky its only first week where classes are a bludge :D i would tell your husband that if you dont get ur ukes back, that your just gonna go buy a new one and hide it from him so why bother waisting money now give me my uke or i will kick u square in the nuts! :nana:

oh thank god im not the only one, i just started back at uni too, by the way what r u studying??? im in the sexy yet sooooo hard degree of petroleum engineering.... and since i live alone i had to lock my uke away, lucky its only first week where classes are a bludge :D i would tell your husband that if you dont get ur ukes back, that your just gonna go buy a new one and hide it from him so why bother waisting money now give me my uke or i will kick u square in the nuts! :nana:
bahahahahahaha!!! petromleum mawodja>? im studying criminal law....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I find the playing provides a welcome break from uni - adn a very helpful distraction from scary looking thermodynamic excercise questions. But then maybe I am not as obsessed as you chaps - being a beginner uker I get frustrated quickly cos I cannot change chords very fast- then thermodynamics doesn't look so bad.
Becky - 2nd year Renewable Energy BSc

Maybe you'd better get some decent strings for your kid's uke and hide it from your husband.

I think he should give it back to you. You are an adult, no?

Why did he take it? Pull up some vids on youtube, he can't take everything from you ;)

K, if he's gonna take something from you, you can do the same. Football? Internet? No, I'm just joking, don't be the avenger. My mom grounded me from uke once, my phone rang in class, and I ended up in tears, literally.

This is what you tell him... It's either uke or chainsmoke, he can take his pick. Which relaxing habit would be worse???

I've been meaning to ask you (sorry to hijack your thread!) meletui, who is the picture in your signature by??? I stole it and put it on the desktop of my computer. It's the most beautiful thing!!!

This is what you tell him... It's either uke or chainsmoke, he can take his pick. Which relaxing habit would be worse???

I've been meaning to ask you (sorry to hijack your thread!) meletui, who is the picture in your signature by??? I stole it and put it on the desktop of my computer. It's the most beautiful thing!!!

the picture in my signiture is actually a self portrait i painted of myself....hahaha. i dont know who its by but its called "hula wahine ukulele". i love it. i found it at:
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Hawaii-Hula-Wahine-Ukulele-Posters_i923991_.htm

Last edited:
for restringing with fishing line

raid his tackle box

c string 80ib
e string 40ib
g and a string 27 ib

tune up and give it heaps

Cliff

p.s. my wife banned me from making cigar box guitars for 2 and a half months!

Top Bottom