William H. Macy talks ukulele to the New Yorker

Great article... ukulele's for all (wish I had a boss like that)!

Thanks! I got some bad news today (not major, only work suckiness), and I just want to go home and play. ...Hey, maybe I should work in a uke store? ;)

Great article... ukulele's for all (wish I had a boss like that)!

Ha ha, yeah, all my company ever gives us are things like pens... baseball caps... branded stuff :)

Thanks! I got some bad news today (not major, only work suckiness), and I just want to go home and play. ...Hey, maybe I should work in a uke store? ;)

Work suckiness is the worst - hope things sort themselves out soon.

As for working in a uke store... it's different for everyone but I learned long ago (and several times over) that it's not generally a good idea to take a job at the place you like to hang out!

And apparently William H. Macy has very good taste in ukes!

That was an interesting and VERY funny article. I can picture him saying those quotes.

Excellent actor and apparently an excellent human being from what I've seen and read about him.

Thanks for posting this!!

I picked up an ukulele once when I was visiting Florida, and when I put it down I was still in Florida. :)

If you lived in Georgia, you might have been half way home.

Ha ha, yeah, all my company ever gives us are things like pens... baseball caps... branded stuff :)

Work suckiness is the worst - hope things sort themselves out soon.

As for working in a uke store... it's different for everyone but I learned long ago (and several times over) that it's not generally a good idea to take a job at the place you like to hang out!

Thanks--I was turned down for a promotion today. I was told by the hiring manager that had the best resume and the best interview, though. (So what's the problem, right? They basically want to hire a "buddy" and gave me lame excuses.)

I think I want to work somewhere that I don't have to navigate through so much politics. Or I could work for WHM and get a free uke to boot! :eek:

Plus I gave ukes to everyone as wrap gifts.
I didn't know who he was but now I know he's a cool guy. :)

Had a rather frustrating day myself involving spending a few hours at the car dealership where the Fox News channel is always on. <shudder> I diddled with a crossword puzzle book, but would rather have had a quiet place to go with a uke.

Back when Jurassic Park III came out, Entertainment Weekly had an article that mentioned Macy and Sam Neill playing ukes together between scenes.

Top Bottom