Good Songs to Jam to

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
what are some good songs that I could learn to jam to, as in i wouldn't have to sing and it still would be fun to listen too :)

Like Bob Marley's Waiting In Vain is a great one, just too complicated for me.

There was another thread about favorite jamming songs, a few months ago. I found a few good song suggestions there.

I have a guitar (Mini Squier) with a Kramer 10 kickstand amp and an Applause UAE20 acoustic/electric uke in my home office. There's a 20" TV next to my computer desk and I often pick up one of the instruments and jam along with shows like Austin City Limits on PBS and other bands on late night shows. You can jam along with any music. That's one of the joys of stringed instruments. Ric

good songs to jam to?

i recommend...Soul Meets Body by Death Cab and I'm normally not a fan of Matchbox 20 but "How far we've come" is a fun song to play as well.
for chords i always go to ultimate-guitar.com because they have a variety of versions.

i second this. you can have hours of fun jamming to that progression.

maybe try jamming along to some allman brothers or lynyrd skynyrd. those are fun.

...hey russ...what is the 12bar blues? where can i find the arrangements?

A 12 bar blues is played using a standard 3-chord progression (the I, IV, and V chords of a major scale), and usually a pentatonic lead scale. Explore both topics, and you'll soon be passing the hours playing the blues.

A 12 bar blues is played using a standard 3-chord progression (the I, IV, and V chords of a major scale), and usually a pentatonic lead scale. Explore both topics, and you'll soon be passing the hours playing the blues.

...hi, i get the I/IV/V progression but the 'pentatonic lead scale'?? could you explain that in english, please? :) i'm not too keen on these 'musical' terms...i'm just a hacker trying to hack my way through...

...hi, i get the I/IV/V progression but the 'pentatonic lead scale'?? could you explain that in english, please? :)

Penta = Five
Tonic = What you mix gin with
Lead = The metal that pipes are made out of

So obviously, a "pentatonic lead" scale is the kind of blues scale you'd play after you've quickly downed five strong drinks, and your head feels like it's been whacked by a pipe.

(There are, however, alternate definitions that you may find more useful.)

JJ

Penta = Five
Tonic = What you mix gin with
Lead = The metal that pipes are made out of
That's just ridiculous...

Penta = Five
Ton = 2,000 lbs
Tonic = having to do with a ton (similar to "moronic")
Lead = heavy metal
Scale = what you use to weigh things

So a pentatonic lead scale is actually a heavy-duty scale that can weigh up to 10,000 lbs of lead. It seems a little off-topic to this discussion, but whatever.

Top Bottom