WTB High end tenor uke in Australia

niceguyrob

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for a high end tenor uke to be strung with a low G for some compositions I have been working on. I have a budget of $1000aud. I'm flying into Melbourne on 22nd December and would love to have a decent uke waiting at the folks place when I arrive back. I'm not happy with bringing my beloved ukes from the UK if I can avoid it. so need something for the 5 weeks I'm home that's decent . This will then travel with me. Thanks for reading. Rob

Hi all, I'm looking for a high end tenor uke to be strung with a low G for some compositions I have been working on. I have a budget of $1000aud. I'm flying into Melbourne on 22nd December and would love to have a decent uke waiting at the folks place when I arrive back. I'm not happy with bringing my beloved ukes from the UK if I can avoid it. so need something for the 5 weeks I'm home that's decent . This will then travel with me. Thanks for reading. Rob
If you have posted this at least 6 months earlier, i can recommend one from woodend victoria, a custom made his name is pete murphy

Buy whatever you like from HMS and have them ship it to your parents home...........easy peasy ;)

I have sent you a PM.

$1000 AUD is kind of midrange. Scott Wise makes GREAT players ukulele's in WA. His Low G tenor model is called a Solo Tenor. I have one. Fantastic instrument. I don't know what his backlog is like at the moment. They cost $1400. Bargain.

Here's my review,

Melbourne Music Centre in Ormond sells some handmade ukulele's by Aumann. Less than $1000. Nice ukulele's but I've had issues dealing with the shop. I did a special trip from Canberra to buy a high end ukulele in Melboune and when I got to the shop they wanted to treat me like a newbie. I left. Anyway. May be worth a look. Last time I played one of them several years ago I thought it was nice but needed a setup.

For reference to buy a Kamaka tenor or a Martin tenor in Australia will set you back about $2000.

Anthony

I respect that you haven't let your disability deter your playing the ukulele. Your playing is really good. Thanks for the advice

Top Bottom