Charice Pempengco!

katreetrunk

Reaction score
Well this isn't a question...but just thought i'd share the talent of charice pempengco with everyone.

If you haven't heard about Charice before,

please watch this!! one of the most phenomenal singers that i really do cry every time i watch, and hope to sing like one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fR2jroUxE

She is fricken amazing. I remember when I saw her the first time a few years ago I couldn't believe that voice was coming out of her. I thought she was lip-syncing at first. lol

EDIT - I went to look up what she is doing nowadays. She has a recording contract with WB and David Foster is producing her album! Woot!

Last edited:
She is fricken amazing. I remember when I saw her the first time a few years ago I couldn't believe that voice was coming out of her. I thought she was lip-syncing at first. lol

EDIT - I went to look up what she is doing nowadays. She has a recording contract with WB and David Foster is producing her album! Woot!

I totally agree!! i definitely thought it was just some track being played while she was lip-syncing...but wow she is amazing. I wanna meet her one day, maybe get some tips from my filipina sistah haha. a recording contract w/ WB! AND david foster, she deserves it man.

Yea...I saw her on David Foster's concert show on PBS, and she blew me away! My eyes were vomiting tears cause I could not believe that she was ASIAN! YAY!

But yea, now I'm just waiting for her album! And David Foster is a freakin AMAZING producer! So I know I'm gonna already love it!

A voice like that should not come out of a girl that little! She's super amazing. I especially like her duets with Arnel Pineda. :D

Charice....

Yeah.. Your right.. Charice is the one of the best International Filipino Singer in the Philippines.

Her international debut album is supposed to be released sometime this month or so I read. I think she has an EP out (Charice) w/6 songs and an album entitled "My Inspiration".

I am showing my age here...

This sort of thing just turns me off and I'll explain why. The girl has talent and lots of potential, but she is just plain loud. She needs a coach to teach her DYNAMICS. This all started with Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey and has gone from there. Little girls blasting away at the top of their lungs.

Great singers of the past were not like this. Karen Carpenter was a sensational female vocalist and fully understood dynamics. She could sing as soft as a whisper and reach a crescendo with as much power as anyone. It is all about dynamics.

I am not picking on the girl, in fact, I hope she becomes an international superstar, but compare her to Nora Jones, Karen Carpenter, and some of the truly great female artists from decades past, Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, and many more, they understood dynamics.

This little girl is just doing what the industry is pushing her to do and she would mature much more as an artist with an understanding of dynamics.

Loud is not an end-all. Loud, when it is applied in a limited fashion makes music interesting, but when I hear singing like this, I grow weary of it very quickly.

Where do these belting munchkins come from? Several years ago, I was down in the Wilmington area of Los Angeles and was having dinner at some Mexican restaurant. Not long after I sat down, the Mexican karaoke night starts. Sure enough, this little girl gets up and starts belting songs out. I was stunned with how perfect her tonality was (and how loud, too). She had to have barely been in her teens. In some respects, though clearly amazing, it's kind of weird and freaky.

This sort of thing just turns me off and I'll explain why. The girl has talent and lots of potential, but she is just plain loud. She needs a coach to teach her DYNAMICS. This all started with Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey and has gone from there. Little girls blasting away at the top of their lungs.
She reminds me a lot of Christina Aguilera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2Yxp6q2h0
There is a premium put on belt vocals with lots of rawness in the voice.
Penster

Top Bottom