Zoom h4n

1300cc

Reaction score
I am planning to buy this but theres so many listed on ebay as used item, does this mean its not a good recorder?

Amazon shows 4 1/2 stars with 472 customer reviews. It couldn't be all that bad. I hadn't known of it before your post. Now, I'm thinking about getting one for my new music room!

Amazon shows 4 1/2 stars with 472 customer reviews. It couldn't be all that bad. I hadn't known of it before your post. Now, I'm thinking about getting one for my new music room!
Ive read several good reviews but just wondering why people selling it for reasons like, used only once etc.

My first target was the Zoom h4n. The h4n has good reputation. However, the h1 is about 1/3 the price. I bought the h1 instead of h4n because of budget limitation. Of course the h1's body build and functions are much simpler than the h4n.

Maybe its like camera lens 2nd hand market, people always sell "99% new condition" 2nd hand lens, because of just want to try it, or just want to upgrade to higher end lens.

I am planning to buy this but theres so many listed on ebay as used item, does this mean its not a good recorder?

Zoom H4N is a great recorder, used on many of my YouTube videos. I am going to be selling mine to upgrade to another Zoom with removable heads.
It's a fine recorder.

The Zooms are incredibly popular, I doubt the numbers being sold second hand on ebay represent the greater number of them being sold. Some people probably want to upgrade, find they didn't use it or need the cash.

There are plenty of comparison videos on YouTube comparing the different zooms and their competition, quite often with singing/acoustic guitar, which can give you an idea of how well it will record your uke. Like anything, it may come down to personal taste.

I've been doing some research into portable recorders, and I think the sound quality on most of them is pretty decent (where some seem to fall down is recording full amplified bands, but that's the pure volume probably), it's just making sure it has the features you want/need.

I just recorded a band practice yesterday with my zoom Q3HD with the camera turned off, the mics are very similar[maybe the same] and everyone was impressed at the sound quality. I bought mine slightly used on CL and have been very happy with it. the reviews on mine are that some other makers have better cameras, but for sound quality, it's hard to beat a zoom in the portable recorder market at this price point.

Top Bottom