Pop up ads

Habanera Hal

Reaction score
Within the last week, whenever I go to a subscribed forum on UU, an annoying ad pops up blocking the discussion. Clicking the "close ad" block in the upper right corner of the ad kicks me from that topic to the main forum list. This only happens on UU, and it happens on both my at-home computers. What's up with this?

Within the last week, whenever I go to a subscribed forum on UU, an annoying ad pops up blocking the discussion. Clicking the "close ad" block in the upper right corner of the ad kicks me from that topic to the main forum list. This only happens on UU, and it happens on both my at-home computers. What's up with this?
I get them on my email you tube pastes too

Have you scanned the computer for a virus or for malware?

ClamAV/ClamWin was free last time I checked, as is Spybot Search & Destroy (both are Windows, but there are Mac and Linux versions for ClamAV).

Aside from that, if you are running Firefox or Chrome and install the extensions Adblock Plus and noScript, these extensions work in the browser regardless of operating system.

You can also set your browsers to 'Block PopUp Windows' by default. The setting is in the options/preferences for each browser.

I don't get them. Is that because I am a UU VIP?

Top Bottom