FS: Blackbird Tenor Ukulele with Mi-Si

Andy Chen

Reaction score
I love this uke so much, so why am I selling it? I'm getting a custom version with radiused fingerboard, that's why!

This is just a few months old, bought from HMS. Good as new. Besides, it's carbon fibre, which is probably near indestructible under normal usage.

Comes with the Gator gig bag it originally came in.

Asking for USD1000, excluding shipping from Singapore, or best offer. Via PayPal.

PM me for pictures.

Bump.

Would there be more interest if I included shipping anywhere for the same price originally quoted?

Strapped on cash right now due to a trip to Australia next year.

If this uke is still available in 2015, I'll strongly consider purchasing it.

From the suggestions on buying and selling on the forum, you need to post photos in order to generate any interest.

Marketplace - Buying and Selling:
If you wish to sell anything in the Marketplace, providing the following in your post is a good idea:

1.A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold, not a stock photo of the model;
2.The reason you are selling the instrument;
3.Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc.).

To increase the chances of selling your ukulele, you may also provide the following:

•A video and/or audio sample of the ukulele being being sold;
•A time-stamped picture with "Ukulele Underground" and your username written on a piece of paper in front of the ukulele.

Another suggestion - trying to sell something in one of your first posts is generally frowned upon, and may result in a more difficult sale. Members may request additional pictures and time-stamps from new members. Remember, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT BUYING IT.

All that being said, the above suggestions are not rules. They are guidelines. Including the above in your post will greatly increase the chances of selling your ukulele, but if you choose not to include them, you will not be penalized by UU. Rules to follow below.

There are three Marketplace rules:

1.Please do not post links or otherwise direct people to your eBay auction. This subsection is intended for member-to-member transactions only, sans middle man. If you would like to announce your eBay auction, please do so in the Links and Videos subsection.

2.Dealers may not post in the Marketplace. If you wish to start a thread about your business, you may do so in the Links and Videos subsection.

3.Certain items are unsuitable for trade through UU. The following are prohibited and may not be mentioned, even in hints or code, in the context of trading on this forum:
> weapons (including, but not only, firearms, knives, bows/crossbows, stun guns and martial arts weapons)
> drugs or medicines
> any item the trading/selling of which is subject to legal regulation or control, including items such as tortoiseshell, wood, and other things covered by the CITES convention.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Time-stamp is available upon request.

Pictures for this uke, I feel, are not necessary since it's carbon fibre and it's 99.9 percent similar to all the other Blackbird tenors out there.

I have stated my reason for selling right in the first post on this thread.

This thread is far from my first post ever on this forum.

Current pictures with a time stamp allow potential buyers to see the present condition of the uke. Any nicks, dings, scratches should be mentioned as well.

Pictures....

WE WANT PICTURES!!

<everybody start the chant>

How about some pictures?

Your uke might be the same as the one on the site ... but if you are asking someone to buy it and have it shipped from Singapore they will want to verify it is INDEED the one you are selling by confirming the pictures you took are now the same as the uke sitting in their lap.

It has to do with confirming the details, and truth of purchase.

Otherwise, I think you won't sell this ... I wouldn't buy something without visual evidence of what I am paying for.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Time-stamp is available upon request.

Pictures for this uke, I feel, are not necessary since it's carbon fibre and it's 99.9 percent similar to all the other Blackbird tenors out there.

I have stated my reason for selling right in the first post on this thread.

This thread is far from my first post ever on this forum.

Even though this is far from your first post ever on this forum, do you actually know the market you are trying to sell to? You need to do as much work as possible to sell on this forum to make it easy for potential buyers. The sellers do all the work, not the buyer. If you're not making an effort to post pictures with a time stamp, and post as many photos as possible, it seems like you're not that interested in selling. No photos and your location is not in your favor for your sale.

How about some pictures?

Your uke might be the same as the one on the site ... but if you are asking someone to buy it and have it shipped from Singapore they will want to verify it is INDEED the one you are selling by confirming the pictures you took are now the same as the uke sitting in their lap.

It has to do with confirming the details, and truth of purchase.

Otherwise, I think you won't sell this ... I wouldn't buy something without visual evidence of what I am paying for.

From another person that is far from his first post ever on this forum.

The seller doesn't state which Misi pickup is installed.
The website for Blackbirdguitar.com states two different ones available with different pricing. Would be a better deal if it had the more expensive setup. Good luck with the sale.

oops just checked the Blackbird site again and since I looked last they now only offer the MISI with the Fishman volume and tone controls, before you could order just the standard MISI without the controls. They do offer a second type of pickup but it is not a MISI for a little more. This info is from their site.

Blackbird Tenor Ukulele (BTU) - $1180 with Access soft case and premium Gotoh Uk700 tuners. Strap buttons standard. Low G standard, high G Optional. Optional MiSi pick-up with volume and tone control is $200. White nut/saddle/tuner buttons standard- black optional. Optional RMC Acoustic Gold is $275.

Just clearing up my previous post. The seller should state if his MISI has the tone and volume controls.

Yes, this comes with tone and volume controls.

Say what you want (but please be civil), I do want to sell, and will send pictures to folks making serious offers. I have nothing to hide. This is good as new.

Top Bottom