MXL 910 condenser mic

pektel

Reaction score
Just looking for input regarding this mic. Its on sale for $49.99 on musiciansfriend today, so I'm interested. Only going to be used for home recording. Vocals and uke/guitar.

Thanks in advance!

Just looking for input regarding this mic. Its on sale for $49.99 on musiciansfriend today, so I'm interested. Only going to be used for home recording. Vocals and uke/guitar.

Thanks in advance!

It is still on sale....
I don't know a thing about it though...good luck.
There are a bunch of reviews on MF's site you may wish to look at....hey for $50 sounds like a good deal.
Amazon has the Yeti mic in black for about $40 more. I hear that is a great mic.
Let me know what you decide...I too am in a market for a mic soon.

You already have a mixer or mic preamp with phantom power, (48 Volt DC) to power up the mic?

One issue with inexpensive condenser mics is that they can accentuate the high end of vocals and speech. Depending on the person using the mic this may or may not work well. For some people the S and Sh sounds can really stand out and become harsh.

Condenser mics also pickup everything - the air vent in your room, computer fan, etc. If you don't have a great quality recording space a couple reasonably priced dynamic mics might be a better solution.

With mics it's best to buy them from a place that lets you return them if you don't like the way they work with your voice and space.

I think i got mine on that deal, or one like it. I have been happy so far, for vocals, Uke, and drum overheads.

Top Bottom